How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-07-2011
scenester

There are some beautiful techniques and stunning work but stylistically its horribly put together. Take the jacket with the gold detail, alone is stunning. But then weigh it down with that voluminous skirt and its a big mess. Sad, its a been a long time since I've really paid as much to the detail in Dior but this one has it, its just horribly placed. As far as cohesion, it switches gears jarringly. Its all over the place and messy.

04-07-2011
windowshopping

I can't say straight up that it's a bad collection, because there are some great elements and interesting pieces within the collection. The little architectural inspiration is very futuristic, and the makeup as someone said before is very Dior. But overall, I think Dior needs Galliano badly...

04-07-2011
backstage pass

Sooo isn't there some way Galliano can come back and design dior and we pretend Gaytten is doin it?

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

This was horrible I was trying to find the dresses beautiful but I couldn't, except for jewelery, shoes and one white dress
of the final ones) but for me is completely senseless
This was inspired in Clowns, circus, ice cream & cr*p, I guess the designer just
put a buch of different color fabrics together and he thought this was going to be edgy,
but its ridiculous!

Very dissapointed, bring any stablished couturier right now!!

Last edited by zacatecas570; 04-07-2011 at 03:27 PM.
04-07-2011
front row

I just find it disgusting that there are people who actually want Galliano back working at Dior.

This is a mediocre collection with the stirrings of something new and refreshing for the house. It simply needs the clarity and cohesion that a creative director can bestow. Galliano's last collections have already felt antique, irrelevant, and obsolete the moment they hit the runway. This is a step in the right direction. Far better than Galliano's last seasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jīadore dior View Post
First: who gives a damn about Marc Bohan??????, WHO????, you donīt usually see designers taking on inspiration from other designers besides the founder of the house, imagine Ricardo searching for inspiration looking at Julien Macdonaldīs collections!= NO!!
I, for one, give a damn about what Marc Bohan has contributed to the house. Anyone who knows fashion history would realize that he is just as important to the house's legacy. And the difference between Marc Bohan and Julien Macdonald is that the latter is a below-average designer who has absolutely no feel for couture.

04-07-2011
trendsetter

After see the negative comments of fans and not fans of Galliano about this collection,
and read the comments of main fashion writers I just can say that I am sad for Bill Gaytten,
he could start to drink tonight and he surely will need pills to sleep...

V.I.P.

the only good thing about this is that Miss Kloss didn't open a Dior show for like the 17th time.

But man oh man...this is a perfect case study for how to not run a fashion brand - ie, without a creative director!

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

i can't stop looking at this. i LOVE IT SO MUCH. one of the best dior collections ever.

V.I.P.

BTW love Cathy Horyn & thank God Suzy Menkes didn't try to gloss it over, either. More reviews like those are needed for the Dior people to get the message. I mean they can always read this thread as well...

04-07-2011
fashion insider

OOOH MMYYY GODDD are they forreal? This is the hideous runway I've every seen (im including lindsay lohan). Who told these people that this was ok. I'm sure everyone will be fired after this one

I'm just further more at a lost for words

SHAME!

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

Cathy Horyn talking about how LVHM limit the designer's vision and how this is not good for Dior's house, is the main line LVHM need to read, when they started to push Galliano that was when Dior collections started to have a lack of spirit.
This was hard, but true:
"I like Mr. Gaytten. He’s a sweetheart, but he is not a designer" - Cathy Horyn

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

I hate how incoherent the collection looks. I want to use messy to describe the show, but something stronger is needed.. I'm horrified. At least with John's shows the fabrics and shapes looked expensive and.. Couture-like. Not saying I want John back under Dior's helm, because quite honestly, I couldn't care less. But after this.. I'm so disappointed.

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ

not a good look

04-07-2011
rising star

V.I.P.

Galliano's couture shows were masterfully cut , this looks like Heatherette lmaooooo

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, christian, couture, dior, f or w, haute, paris