How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

Jesus. As I was reading the comments, I had no idea just what a horrifying travesty this really was. Galliano is probably bawling his eyes out as I type this.

04-07-2011
front row

geez, is 2012 already here? cuz this looks like an end of the world to me...... how can anyone compare old Galliano shows to this haute trashiness

**post edited by mod: video removed//off topic**

Last edited by ultramarine; 05-07-2011 at 10:57 AM. Reason: off topic
04-07-2011
tfs star

Insane how this thread exploded in 8 hours!!!!
They were destined to fail, everybody was, after Galliano and the scandal. I just wish they had decided to hire a pro. (Theyskens for that matter). I cannot believe that nobody backstage or in the process towards this show saw this trainwreck derailing. Im sincerely trying to find small successes within this lukewarm mess, and here and there I see some ideas and wannahaves but overall it looks like a trannyclown crackho-convention. In fact let's consider that a tribute to mr. Galliano himself and at least see the positivity in that.

Last edited by Vitamine W; 04-07-2011 at 05:34 PM.
04-07-2011
Looking Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikingFashion View Post
geez, is 2012 already here? cuz this looks like an end of the world to me...... how can anyone compare old Galliano shows to this haute trashiness
Tell me about it. Galliano is either laughing his as$ off and crying his lungs out right now because this looks like the apocalypse.

You know I can totally see Kesha in this stuff.

Last edited by ultramarine; 05-07-2011 at 10:58 AM. Reason: edited deleted part of quote
04-07-2011
tfs star

^ Kesha!!! TRUE!

windowshopping

It just hurts my eyes!! This collection is so hideous! Dior used to be my favourite brand of all, but with this terrible looks it will be difficult to be again my favourite.
I feel a bit dissapointed because I really had an enormous hope that this collection would be wonderfull...
Well Spring Summer 2012 needs to be better than this, but with a talented Head Designer at Dior!

04-07-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
Tell me about it. Galliano is either laughing his as$ off and crying his lungs out right now because this looks like the apocalypse.

You know I can totally see Kesha in this stuff.
oh please, Kesha is too high-fashion for it.... more like Hannah Montana but even she is not tacky enough for Dior now...

04-07-2011
rising star

My favorite looks from the show....

style.com

Last edited by ArtManiac19; 04-07-2011 at 05:52 PM.
04-07-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CholoChic View Post
After see the negative comments of fans and not fans of Galliano about this collection,
and read the comments of main fashion writers I just can say that I am sad for Bill Gaytten,
he could start to drink tonight and he surely will need pills to sleep...
but then he would become Galliano 2.0 and we all know how that ended

anyways I agree with ArtManiac19 with those looks posted. They are definitely nice but not show stopper worthy

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

omg, looks like a cheap imitation
lol at the cuts, designs and color palettes are all wrong

, is this really dior ?

04-07-2011
fashion insider

He's a sweetheart, but definitely not a designer.

I wouldn't be so harsh with this new designer though. Ready to wear could be good and if it is, I can pretend this never happened.Looks very DIY

Amour Comme Hiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
As terrible as this is, I really hope that doesn't happen. Galliano's collections, aside from that HC flower collection a couple seasons ago, hadn't been much better than this. I wonder if this is the vision that the corporate has for CD and thus why we're seeing these tacky collections from both Galliano before and now this.
Thank God someone said it. Sure, this collection is a downright disaster, but Galliano had been on a major downward spiral himself; if anything, the hideousness of this collection vindicates him- not proving that his work "wasn't so bad after all", but perhaps revealing to the world that this had been getting so gaudy because that's how the business side wants it.

That being said, I am hoping that once a true successor is found, things will get better.

04-07-2011
trendsetter

Oh God I dont even know what to say about this. Dior has been my favorite label for 10 years and this is what happens to it? I dont care what anyone says but this is 10 times worse than what Galliano ever made. I need to find a new favorite designer now.

04-07-2011
V.I.P.

I agree with all that say that is "a mess" but personally, I'm a little annoyed at the rude comments directed at the craftsmanship. Sure, a lot of this, as a pure visual, is pretty kitsch; but that is not to say that it isn't necessarily crafted with haute couture techniques.

Something can be exquisitely made, but it also might look awful. I think the craftsmanship here is actually phenomenal (on the daywear chiefly). Those jackets and skirts are pure haute couture. The problem here is what Horyn referred to as "too many hands were in the pie". Too many ideas, too much over-complication, too much everything.

Besides, I don't know why they would even attempt to mimic or even out-do Galliano's showmanship. Its impossible and futile. This show is a failed attempt to continue Gallianos legacy in a way, no? That ostentatiousness, that spectacle, the theatrics, etc etc.

What Dior needs to do, and what they are failing to do, is to position themselves as a luxury house offering craftsmanship and a service that is uniquely Dior. The way to do this, is to go back to Dior himself. Not go back to Galliano. They need a designer who will really understand the essence of Christian Dior and redefine it for the 21st century (without Galliano reference). Otherwise they might as well just re-hire Galliano!

04-07-2011
trendsetter

I'm sorry, but this collection, depending on the look, either:
1. Looks like a 5 year old's crayon drawings of 'fashion'.
2. Looks like a shabby, mis-fitting, disgusting collage of elements of what were gorgeous Galliano designs in the past, or
3. Look like scary items that the 60 year old cat lady is going to find at an off-price store in the 'burbs.

I don't care what the management at Dior think, and to be honest I don't care if Galliano has problems, if he's happy to deal with them. He was one of the last proper couturiers, especially now that McQueens gone. They would have been better off skipping Couture because this is disgraceful. Christian Dior is turning in his grave.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, christian, couture, dior, f or w, haute, paris