How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-01-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irulan View Post
That beeing said, isn't it fascinanting how Galliano manages to find a different inspiration every season and then manages to turn it into the exact same thing?
omg that's so true.

he can be inspired by boxing kangaroos one season, then arctic seals the next season, and both collections would look similar.

24-01-2011
scenester

I love this collection and I think it's a strong couture show. Especially the beginning - red colors, more structured yet streaming shapes, metallic accents. Then came old draping, huge bows and pastel colors. Ok, I don't like that, but I don't hate it. Maybe these things are selling well))
And the music is great!

24-01-2011
V.I.P.

Yum, it's so deliciously dramatic. Magda's look is stellar. All the models are working it. I agree, it's really kind of the same every season, but it's still gorgeous to look at nonetheless.

24-01-2011
V.I.P.

It's a gorgeous collection!
Definitely one of the best from his "weak" period!
Haute Couture doesn't always mean extravaganza

tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by irulan View Post
If this is all Mr Galliano can come up with, after putting all of his heart and soul into a couture collection which needs not only to be perfect in terms of seams and fabric, but of design, then I'm sorry for him. But as I have seen ravishing things from him, I cannot help but to suspect he simply doesn't care anymore. And that's not very authentic.
I don´t know why I have a feeling he´s been forced for a while now to preserve the values of the house, that he is not as free as he used to, all the themes from his latest collections start from Christian Dior (his muses, his silhouettes, his passion for flowers, new look, etc, etc...), the problem is that Dior doesn´t have much legacy since Christian lasted one decade, so inevitably he will fall for repetition if he is not allowed to explore outside core values.

Rene Gruau seems like the perfect source for inspiration this season since Dior launched a retrospective of his work recently (which proves they are investing in preserving the most relevant contributions of Dior´s past) and I can´t keep on thinking about what Karl Lagerfeld always says: "If you wanna be remembered for what you did, then you should stop"...

Dior needs a breath of fresh air and I think John is not the one who needs to understand that...

Madeleine Vionnet.
24-01-2011
V.I.P.

This is actually kinda good. Was expecting a disaster. So dramatic and yet romantic. I love the red at the beginning. I like it.

24-01-2011
windowshopping

Let me count the ways I thee... This collection is one of the best ever

fashion icon

When I saw the first few red looks, I was like "Wow!"
The collection looked promising. But then it moved further into typical Galliano kitsch territory.
I actually like the vintage look of some of the models' makeup & hair. And the veils too. I want to see detailed shots of the models' faces.

24-01-2011
V.I.P.

I love it, its the same Galliano aesthetic with a great colour palette. Its seen before but not boring like previous seasons.

24-01-2011
V.I.P.

the fullness of it i don't like (i know i know it's to be expected) but the last 6 or so are very beautiful

front row

I love the faint pastels and rich red fading into black. The colors enough make this collection so rich. Definitely a step up from Galliano's last couture collection for Dior.

24-01-2011
front row

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. 50's glamour to the max. john really made me proud this season. all the models look stunning.

24-01-2011
fashion elite

I really love some looks .. just is the best man for Dior... I love this collection from the beginning till the end .. J'adore ...

French Chic

Well this is much of the same.......but I suppose a slightly better, much of the same. Started off well with the red and black pieces and then merged into the usual and ended with the huge gowns. But some of the muted shades worked really well and who would have thought that grey would be a stand-out in a Dior collection? The ensemble worn by Melissa Tammerijn is the highlight of the show IMO.

V.I.P.

This is amazing! Definitely the best one in a long time.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2011, christian, couture, dior, haute, paris, s or s