Christian Dior HC F/W 04.05 Paris - Page 24 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
08-07-2004
rising star

As much as I loated his F/W 2004, I do LOVE what I see here!!!!!

Everything is just perfect! Congrats mr. Galliano!

Comin' to Italy and looking for D'n'B gigs? Check out the Italian Drum & Bass forum!
08-07-2004
V.I.P.

I find it very bland and uninspried

flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeijames@Jul 8th, 2004 - 7:08 am
almost every house has sheer garments on the runway...but we're not talking about most houses...we're talking about the LVMH backed dior shows...they pour oodles of money into the shows so that it can be printed and viewed on a large scale VERY MUCH like the victoria's secret show. and there's no way they would spend purported millions on the show knowing it would not be able to be covered heavily by the american press.
EXACTLY my dear...so it's all very hypocritical to call this 'art'...when it is nothing more than a big fat COMMERCIAL for dior...

and to say that dior gives galliano complete freedom is obviously also false...

imo...galliano should have simply made the dresses cover the boobs rather than use those bustiers...they are ugly and take away from the garment itself...

or he could have used a sheer tank or camisole under...which so many girls do nowadays when a dress is too skimpy to cover their breasts...that would have been a quick and clever way to make the clothing more wearable, modern, and relevant...

and softer and more feminine...

i'm beginning to believe more and more that men should not be designing for women...especially if they keep trying to turn them into barbie dolls... princess YES...barbiedoll NO...
mcqueen is also guilty of this... rder:

08-07-2004
Unveil Yourself....

Yes the bustiers are ugly.....yes it is still art, no it's not just a commercial, no there not just barbies, yes they are big fat princesses and yes they like to show it too....

twitter.com/ErikP87
08-07-2004
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 8th, 2004 - 12:23 pm
and to say that dior gives galliano complete freedom is obviously also false...

imo...galliano should have simply made the dresses cover the boobs rather than use those bustiers...they are ugly and take away from the garment itself...

or he could have used a sheer tank or camisole under...which so many girls do nowadays when a dress is too skimpy to cover their breasts...that would have been a quick and clever way to make the clothing more wearable, modern, and relevant...
when a film's producers cut out footage so it receives an R and not an NC-17 rating it does not necessarily mean they are cutting out all of their artistic vision. it means they are tailoring it so that it at least has the opportunity to reach a wide audience. you and i both know that some woman somewhere is going to wear one of these gowns with breasts exposed or covered in some other more tasteful way.

let's remember that garments are cut for the house but shown for the client and the press...that's just how it works. i think that you have the uptightness of the american public to blame for the nude bustiers...they are the ones who cried out when janet exposed a nipple (but then all tuned in for the iraqi sex abuse tapes)...and i don't know of a designer who has complete freedom. when lvmh said that it was just trying to make itself look good (witness mcqueen and macdonald at givenchy; narciso rodriguez at loewe)

(and if men should stop designing for women, women should stop designing for women, too because desingers like betsey johnson make their girls look like dolls ALL THE TIME)

(here's a look from an earlier galliano for dior couture show that shows mr. galliano has a penchant for exposure)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00046.jpg (48.8 KB, 19 views)

flaunt the imperfection

i think you may be right about the janet jackson debacle having some influence here...such a load of crap...that was and still is ridiculous...so much drama over absolutely nothing...

but there must have been a better solution...they spend all that time money and energy on those dresses that can stand up by themselves and house a small family of dwarves...but they can't do better than those ugly bustiers...something's up... ...i don't know what...but definitley something....

and i only commented on the lvmh and creative freedom thing because lvmh keep talking about it and every article i read says something about it...but it's just an illusion...as we both pointed out...

mike...i don't want to go into a whole thing about betsey johnson...but they are very feminine and girly characters she creates...a la sonia rykiel...not gargantuan barbie doll/drag queens...
it's a different sensiblity...

but that's a different discussion...which we can have if you want to start a new topic...

08-07-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr-Dale+Jul 7th, 2004 - 4:13 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr-Dale @ Jul 7th, 2004 - 4:13 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Ms. Diorella@Jul 7th, 2004 - 10:10 pm
I love this collection regardless of what most people are saying, i think for the most part it is amazing with a few exceptions.

p.s yes i know i'm a lil late but jeez you have no idea how long it's taken me to read this whole thread!!!
Hahaha....you actually read the whole thread? Poor girl [/b][/quote]
Hehe yeah, I have way too much time on my hands

I really should do some work once in a while, I blame Galliano the source of most of my distractions.

I need to watch the vid on dior.com now it took me so long reading the thread last night i didn't get chance to watch it!!

Unveil Yourself....

Quote:
Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 8th, 2004 - 8:33 pm
i think you may be right about the janet jackson debacle having some influence here...such a load of crap...that was and still is ridiculous...so much drama over absolutely nothing...

but there must have been a better solution...they spend all that time money and energy on those dresses that can stand up by themselves and house a small family of dwarves...but they can't do better than those ugly bustiers...something's up... ...i don't know what...but definitley something....

and i only commented on the lvmh and creative freedom thing because lvmh keep talking about it and every article i read says something about it...but it's just an illusion...as we both pointed out...

mike...i don't want to go into a whole thing about betsey johnson...but they are very feminine and girly characters she creates...a la sonia rykiel...not gargantuan barbie doll/drag queens...
it's a different sensiblity...

but that's a different discussion...which we can have if you want to start a new topic...
Ok, so the bustiers put aside.....do you really think that those princess like dresses look like Barbie-outfits?.....to me there are only two who come close to a barbie outfit, the one Alek and the one Yasmin is wearing....

twitter.com/ErikP87
08-07-2004
backstage pass

saw the video of the show yesterday and i must say that i really really loved this collection a lot

i tried to look past the "inspirations" and everything... and focused on the actual production itself...the clothes, everything... and i just loved it all.

the music was great, the clothes were INCREDIBLE and (for the most part) actually wearable... spectacular details! everything was so perfect and i really loved the silhouettes.

my favorite pieces:

...i would love to have any one of them!

08-07-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Jul 8th, 2004 - 3:25 pm
.....to me there are only two who come close to a barbie outfit, the one Alek and the one Yasmin is wearing....
i agree.
those two were totally barbie. i didn't really care for either

08-07-2004
Unveil Yourself....

Quote:
Originally posted by nuiko+Jul 8th, 2004 - 10:05 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nuiko @ Jul 8th, 2004 - 10:05 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Mr-Dale@Jul 8th, 2004 - 3:25 pm
.....to me there are only two who come close to a barbie outfit, the one Alek and the one Yasmin is wearing....
i agree.
those two were totally barbie. i didn't really care for either [/b][/quote]
Although they were pretty Barbie-like....I still thought they were pretty

twitter.com/ErikP87
08-07-2004
backstage pass

Here are the exit pics from the show...But I'm confused, do they walk outside and then back in and wait for the show to end? And what if it's raining

[img]*****************************/image/0707200412495335.jpg[/img]
[img]*****************************/image/0707200412495475.jpg[/img]
[img]*****************************/image/0707200412495699.jpg[/img]
[img]*****************************/image/0707200412500461.jpg[/img]

08-07-2004
backstage pass

[img]*****************************/image/0707200412500868.jpg[/img]
[img]*****************************/image/0707200412501076.jpg[/img]
[img]*****************************/image/0707200412501106.jpg[/img]

08-07-2004
frozen

from the NY Post website today:

Quote:
THE Christian Dior couture show in Paris yesterday was straight out of a fashion designer's nightmare. John Galliano, the label's head designer, apparently went overboard with his signature wacky corsets and heavy Turkish curtain-like fabrics. According to our source, "Alek Wek vomited before the show because her corset was too tight. And poor Karolina Kurkova ó her dress was so heavy and awkward, when she walked down the runway, she lost her balance and fell off the runway completely. Because her outfit was so heavy it took four men to get her back up and going."
Does it show Karolina falling in the video?

backstage pass

Quote:
Does it show Karolina falling in the video?
Nope, but somewhere in this thread, I posted that she got stuck at the 'exit' and had to be manhandled off the runway...maybe that's what they meant

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0405, christian, dior, f or w, hc, paris