Christian Dior HC F/W 04.05 Paris - Page 30 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
17-07-2004
Unveil Yourself....

That is true, but that's just for the people who want to make lots of money out of it. And almost everybody will agree that the f/w collection for Dior was plain ugly, the runway show that is....and we also all know that that is not going to end up in the shops, aside from the bags and some jewelry...and they were ok if not, pretty nice....and I assume that you were referring to people on this board in your first reply and as far as I know, most af them are not wanting to make any money out of it and just look at it on the net.....they have every right to like it and there is now Galliano hype that changes their opinions. And I speak for myself when I say that 6 months ago I had never heard of the words haute couture, RTW or Galliano or Vuitton or whatever...I wasn't into fashion and only saw what was in the shops....but then as I accidently found a pic of the Dior f/w haute couture collection 2003, I was immediatly blown away and I had found my new hobby and my absolute favourite designer...so I loved everything I saw from that collection and exploring other collections he made I became even more in love with his work and there was no 'Galliano hype' that helped creating my opinion....

twitter.com/ErikP87
17-07-2004
Wanderlust

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr-Dale@Jul 17 2004, 10:13 AM
That is true, but that's just for the people who want to make lots of money out of it. And almost everybody will agree that the f/w collection for Dior was plain ugly, the runway show that is....and we also all know that that is not going to end up in the shops, aside from the bags and some jewelry...and they were ok if not, pretty nice....and I assume that you were referring to people on this board in your first reply and as far as I know, most af them are not wanting to make any money out of it and just look at it on the net.....they have every right to like it and there is now Galliano hype that changes their opinions. And I speak for myself when I say that 6 months ago I had never heard of the words haute couture, RTW or Galliano or Vuitton or whatever...I wasn't into fashion and only saw what was in the shops....but then as I accidently found a pic of the Dior f/w haute couture collection 2003, I was immediatly blown away and I had found my new hobby and my absolute favourite designer...so I loved everything I saw from that collection and exploring other collections he made I became even more in love with his work and there was no 'Galliano hype' that helped creating my opinion....
[snapback]312351[/snapback]

Totally agree!

17-07-2004
V.I.P.

Quote:
Where is the beauty and the lightness? These clothes are so heavy and overbearing, not to mention downright ugly at times.
I really agree with this, the clothes are beautiful but just too much.
Quote:
No one wants to look like this. It's a far-flung, ridiculous fantasy foisted upon women. It's a little more than sickening.
This is my reaction too. The collection is in no way relevant to today's women.

17-07-2004
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by chickonspeed@Jul 17 2004, 03:33 PM
I just read through 22 pages of this crap!

I said this when the Egyptian show debuted in January and I'll say it again: collections like these only serve to take away from couture's relevance in the 21st century. Why does couture exist? Just so a couple of outlandish queens can exercise their egos to the nth degree? Where is the beauty and the lightness? These clothes are so heavy and overbearing, not to mention downright ugly at times. No offense to nuiko, but the shoes are just gross.

So many of us are victims of Galliano hype. I think people should take an objective step back with this show and take it for what it really is.

I agree with softgrey and the whole Barbie syndrome. No one wants to look like this. It's a far-flung, ridiculous fantasy foisted upon women. It's a little more than sickening.

That, coupled with the endless Westwood rip off make this, for me, undoubtedly the worst couture collection Galliano has ever done.
[snapback]312322[/snapback]

21-07-2004
living in the sprawl

YEAH CHICKONSPEED!

The HQ pics do the dresses quality a lot more justice... but I still think this collection is absolutely horrid

Unveil Yourself....

HQ? What's that? Are there links?

twitter.com/ErikP87
21-07-2004
etre soi-meme

what do you mean mrdale?

21-07-2004
Unveil Yourself....

Never mind, I found out that it means high quality....I thought it was some kind of website where you can get big pics

twitter.com/ErikP87
24-07-2004
Unveil Yourself....

After 'researching' Galliano's past collections for both Dior and Galliano I have come to the conclusion that his next shows for Dior are gonna be very wearable and relevant. Why? Because there is some sort of a pattern to his work. Let me explain: couple of years ago Galliano came with this couture collection which was very very unwearable. After that collection he came with this a very very wearable and succesfull collection too, cause it raised couture sellings by 41%...and for Galliano he came with this: Well received by the audience perhaps, but I don't know about the average woman that buys his stuff and so after that he 'was asked to do his daywear', in other words: 'damn it John, make something wearable this time!' Thus this was the next collection:
So what I am saying is that almost everytime he had pushed himself TOO much, he came with a wonderfull, wearable collection. So my guess is that this will be followed up by something much, much more wearable. I am probably wrong, but I liked typing this And another guess is that it will be a Grease theme, but that's just because I dreamed about it last night

twitter.com/ErikP87
24-07-2004
backstage pass

I find these designs appauling and the make up is hideous imo

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by chickonspeed@Jul 17 2004, 10:33 AM
No offense to nuiko, but the shoes are just gross.
it takes all kinds

and personally, i do not feel as if i am a victim of the galliano hype that you speak of.

i like what i like, and buy what i like. the dictates of fashion really have little relevance to me. it's all about personal preference as far as i'm concerned.

24-07-2004
rising star

I absolutely love this collection.. Just face it everyone.. each to their own opinion but there is always ganna be a mixture of people who love and hate Gallianos work.. its the truth

25-07-2004
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally posted by versace@Jul 25 2004, 03:55 AM
each to their own opinion but there is always ganna be a mixture of people who love and hate Gallianos work.. its the truth
[snapback]315502[/snapback]
each to their own, no 'but's' and please do respect all views posted

25-07-2004
rising star

Yes thats what i said.. each to their own opinion.. and i do respect all the other views posted.. but dont go saying diors **** all the time and making fans upset.. it would be NICER to say it in a constructive critised way.. for example i really really hate prada.. but i would say.. I dont like prada because of the 'oldness' that the label brings in.. just stuff like that.. theres a way to support ur view that can come across positively or negatively even if u have something bad to say comes across in a positive way..

25-07-2004
etre soi-meme

i believe we are quite civil&chic here at tFS

everyone respects other's opinions in the right of voicing it,
i really dont think we have an issue here.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0405, christian, dior, f or w, hc, paris