How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-07-2012
front row

Your Comparisons don't make any sense. This is inspiration in the craftsmanship, not the volume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnModeArtiste View Post
Are you kidding me ?! Same shapes, same colors palette, same spirit. Sorry but Dior now, is like Chanel before Karl, making a lot money, but stopped inspiring people. R.I.P.
***PLEASE DON'T QUOTE IMAGES***
style.com and caps by christian zh

Last edited by Psylocke; 02-07-2012 at 10:26 AM.

02-07-2012
fashion elite

Christian Dior | Haute Couture Fall Winter 2012/13 | Full Show (Exclusive/You Tube)

V.I.P.

Its going to take me some time to get used to this but this is so not Dior from the clothes to the blank cast. Im used to a more Grand Dior in every sense of the word!!

02-07-2012
V.I.P.

what is everyone moaning and b****ing about?
Raf is bringing a modern tak on what Dior's original heritage. It's what the house became known for and he is capitalizing on that. This is couture, just as Galliano's collections were. Raf was never a showy person, but let his collection speak with the construction, and the construction is perfect

02-07-2012
backstage pass

I dont care how people say about haute couture being about "cuts and shapes or whatsoever" and not "about theatrics"
I love minimalism A LOT but this is just plain bull**** for Dior

02-07-2012
rui
front row

The NEW look of Dior for 2013.

Thank you Raf!

windowshopping

Very unexpected

02-07-2012
rising star

Strip it all aside and focus on nothing but the clothes....compare this first Raf Collection for Dior compared to Galliano's first collection for Dior and can you honestly tell me that this is better???? Galliano could do this in his sleep!!!! This collection is pure garbage!

02-07-2012
trendsetter

I like this collection though I do wonder how long he had to make it? I think it's very promising for the future of Dior

boop

I'm surprised at all the negative reactions. I feel like this is very much what I expected Raf to bring to Dior - there is an elegance, a lightness and a timelessness to each piece. It is the most exciting stuff ever? No, but I wasn't expecting the pomp and circumstance that Galliano brought to the house. Maybe it is just me but I think that this quiet and restrained variant of refinement is exactly what Dior needs right now. This is tied to the past, but not slavishly so, there is still a modernity to this - it feels in line with the way many women are dressing now, elegant yet unfussy.

My thoughts are a bit jumbled on the matter, but I quite like this collection - there is a bit too much black and grey but the final gowns are breathtaking and that pink and black number on Julia Nobis, plus the shocking yellow number...perfection in my book. There was no way for Raf to please everyone (especially with expectations being so high) but I think he's built compelling framework, this is simply the foundation on which he can build.

02-07-2012
fashion elite

I am sorry, what a waiste waiting for Dior vintage looks, fashion should be fashion forward and haute couture must be a big break to go show creativity as the designer can do and not recycling his past work what he did before.I am very dissappointed I've waited many sleepless nights for nothing.

I loved the tie-dye prints on the dresses but i felt depressed by watching a horror movie this is not haute couture ,it looks excatly like a runway from Balenciaga the hair ,the background eveything, Please put some good designer at Dior asap.

Hell on Heels

watching the photos on nowfashion... every designer alive was sitting front row for this. that must've been very relaxing for raf... not.

anyway, i do love some pieces here, but i do agree with the overall feeling that this is too safe, or tame. but then again i do love raf's minimalism, it's just weird to associate it with dior.
i don't hate this at all, the tailoring is exquisite and there are some outstanding pieces (this top http://s19.postimage.org/p255sz8cz/2..._dior_5018.jpg
or this coat-dress http://s19.postimage.org/jkzzl9d03/2..._dior_5154.jpg ) but it's too tame for me to go head over heels. i do however have a lot of faith in raf and i think this is a nice first outing, also considering the 'little' time they had to put it together

02-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Galliano View Post
I am sorry, what a waiste waiting for Dior vintage looks, fashion should be fashion forward and haute couture must be a big break to go show creativity as the designer can do and not recycling his past work what he did before.I am very dissappointed I've waited many sleepless nights for nothing.

I loved the tie-dye prints on the dresses but i felt depressed by watching a horror movie this is not haute couture ,it looks excatly like a runway from Balenciaga the hair ,the background eveything, Please put some good designer at Dior asap.
No offence, but is there some sort of 'rule' that says this?

V.I.P.

Raf never had an easy job ahead of him. The expectations surrounding his debut today was enormous. Take the reins of one of the most prestigious houses in Paris, with overwhelming legacy on its own and a memorable designer before him was risky business. And I think these great expectations are partially blinding people to glance what this collect is and represent.

Galliano is gone, this is not his Dior anymore. This is Raf's Dior for now on, and today he gave us the prologue to his book. And that's exactly what this collection represents to me: a trailer, a sample, an introduction of what's to come. Indeed, this has strong elements of his past work at Jil Sander. The impeccable tailoring is here, the great shapes and silhouettes are here as well. His modernity, his vision is definitely here. But yet, Christian Dior's DNA is also here. The femininity, the elegance and the class. These two DNA's have found each other and blended sublimely. This collection is full of dualities, the duality of past and present, of femininity and restraint, romanticism and reality. My favorite part represents that well, those incredible delicate, hand-crafted embellished tops with black tailored trousers, so beautiful. And then he played with bottoms, skirts and dresses with fantastic shapes, which feel at the same super retro and super modern. Yes, this is modern couture. I really love too how he played with everything here: dresses, coats, suits, gowns; shapes, texture, prints, embellishments, fabrics. Everything was here, everything was cohesive, everything was clear.

Like I said, this is just the beginning. He will do bigger, he will do better. He’s just teasing us of what the future will be. And man, the future looks quite stunning.

Last edited by Marc10; 02-07-2012 at 11:26 AM.
02-07-2012
fashion insider

^ #149 - Beautiful review.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, christian, dior, f or w, hc, paris