How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-07-2012
V.I.P.

This collection is exactly what I was expecting. Playing on just cut and shapes with no frills. He really brings back the Dior heritage! It will only get better from here. Flawless indeed.

Last edited by JuiceMajor; 02-07-2012 at 08:35 AM.

02-07-2012
fashion insider

Not a good start for Raf at Dior...this is exactly what I was afraid of, instead of taking what he did for Jil sander and adding the dramatic angles and wow Dior is synonymous of, he played it safe with very few hints of volume and oversaturation of almost invisible detail.

02-07-2012
V.I.P.

FLAWLESS!

02-07-2012
backstage pass

Yeah, the Galliano era certainly isn't entirely over. I saw minor brush strokes about mid-way when we saw the egg-like corset shaped top paired with a black slim pant. Reminded me of a modern take on Couture Fall '04 and Couture Summer '05.

But anyway, I think this is a nice starter collection. Better than the crap BG produced--since when does couture @ Dior have to be thematic and over stuffed with drama and embroidery? I think the house is welcoming a new day in Dior's history book, but a "new look" doesn't just happen with one collection. Personally, I see a ton of couture in this, so I'm not sure how this doesn't look like couture...?

And not for anything, I'm not surprised to see a little Jil in this--but the Jil I'm seeing is from his, like, last three collections. Big woop...he had how many months to design this?

Last edited by TianCouture; 02-07-2012 at 08:36 AM.
02-07-2012
V.I.P.

You know I don't think anyone was expecting frills and sequins all over since he has been working for a brand like Jil Sander...I think the point of haute couture is showing something exclusive and special that make you gasp when you see it...cigarette pants and color blocked tops are not exclusive

V.I.P.

I thought that collection was fantastic. Looking forward to seeing HQs because all the gowns in the finale looked stunning and I can't wait to see all the details on them.
And are people seriously saying this is worse than what Gaytten did? Uh... I don't really agree with that. Sure, this is slightly underwhelming for a Dior Haute Couture collection but it's beautiful whereas everything Gaytten did looked outdated and tacky.

02-07-2012
front row

I never thought I woudl say this but this made me miss Bill Gaytten for Dior..
One word that's stuck in my head after seeing this.. meh.

trendsetter

Just glad Gaytten has gone and that is all, I thought it was pretty and I don't see why it wasn't couture?

02-07-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by t-rex View Post
So many people associate couture with embellishments, frills, and glitter

It's nice to see a Dior couture show without drag queen or fifties hair and makeup.
That's ture.
"Haute couture" was actually a great part daily or even casual wear for classy ladies. And Dior in the 50's was very "plein" in the daywear department.

Why not learn something about the brand history or DNA before yelling at a collection..

02-07-2012
scenester

i think the reason we dont like it. because galliano gave us too much in HC ~~

02-07-2012
tfs star

seeing the new pics by ChristianZh it seems crafty, I love many of the dresses in the second pics set , he seems confused between doing what he always does Jil Sander and being in Dior , the mix is so obvious , i think it will take him time to blind it more.,, it's an okay collection in my opinion , but i wanna see gowns !!! (my favorite part in every fashionshow )

02-07-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloesaab View Post
Not a good start for Raf at Dior...this is exactly what I was afraid of, instead of taking what he did for Jil sander and adding the dramatic angles and wow Dior is synonymous of, he played it safe with very few hints of volume and oversaturation of almost invisible detail.
Completely agree.

Lackluster is how I would describe it all.

backstage pass

#44 Agreed

Hmmm it's a clean slate of sorts. oh and the HQs will be a better look.

Last edited by vandekamp; 02-07-2012 at 08:37 AM.
02-07-2012
front row

lets see the HD pics before we judge and comment further. perhaps this is the beginning of minimalistic couture

02-07-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenway View Post
Just glad Gaytten has gone and that is all, I thought it was pretty and I don't see why it wasn't couture?
Because most "fashion experts" think theatrics=couture.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1213, christian, dior, f or w, hc, paris