How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-01-2008
backstage pass

Some of those purple & gold ones look very Mardi Gras...

21-01-2008
rising star

And Galliano?

Hell on Heels

so after a few looks at it i can say that i only like:

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4...s081005ar6.jpg (kinda)

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/4...s081036be7.jpg (the shape, not the color! wtf with this print.)

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/9...s080968oo0.jpg (love this one, even tho i loathe puffy dresses. must be why i dont really like this collection at all... )

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/7...css0816yr3.jpg (love this one aswell, but its really NOTHING NEW)

http://img246.imageshack.us/img246/8...s080863vm1.jpg (probably my favourite, elegant and simple and i love the colours)

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/8...hcss083nb0.jpg (i just like it, no particular reason)

http://img251.imageshack.us/img251/1...css0812se1.jpg (simply love the colours)

so thats pretty much it.
and i like the shoes, but i guess he could've abandoned the platforms for once.
and i also love the klimt inspired embroidery but thats pretty much it. no mind blowing pieces at all

21-01-2008
No One Does It Like You.

it has a lot of jackie kennedy twist to it... not sure if its good, it bores me to death, boring presentation too, meh...
i like that red gown on kim noorda though and maybe more, vlada's, olga's and mariya markina's dresses look lovely... great adornments! there are several hints of novelties in shapes but somehow it fades out. after all, im terribly tired of this opulent flamboyant bioindegradable style... AGAIN

Last edited by Royal-Galliano; 21-01-2008 at 01:46 PM.
21-01-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Dale View Post
The last pic in 213 is not working
It was actually this one:
http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/5...s080702fd8.jpg

21-01-2008
trendsetter

I see this exotic African mood with some of the hats and darker colors. I think John should have stuck to that motif, ditched the glitter, neon, poofy dresses and platforms. He could have made a beautiful, poetic, opulent Nubian kind of collection with the darker crocodiles, the black and gold theme, more emphasis on the tortoise, a little more ethnic, more emphasis on outfits as opposed to dresses, varied and interesting footwear, an overall more tribal and natural look with a touch of sophisticated sexuality.

He obviously has alot to say still, but is struggling to get it out while under the pressures of LVMH.

21-01-2008
fashion insider

Some of the pieces are truly beautiful, but overall...too much puffiness

V.I.P.

Thanks for the pictures Faith!

To me, this looks like the haute couture version of that cruise collection...

21-01-2008
scenester

Dior Haute Couture by Galliano last 3-4 seasons is so the same. Nothing surprises, nothing amazes, nothing wows.
John, move on, we already saw this

21-01-2008
Hell on Heels

im glad im not the only one annoyed by the puffiness. i thought i was strange

21-01-2008
backstage pass

The embroidery and attention to detail is amazing but a majority of the silhouettes are all drawn from Spring 2007.

I definitely expected too much The only one I really thought stood out was the leopard print. But then again, leopard print = Spring 2008 RTW anyone?

21-01-2008
girl who fell to earth

this just looks ALL over the place to me

i don't know what to think..
there are a few pieces that are nice (some of the short voluminous skirted dresses)..
but even those i'm not particularly crazy about..

like a lot of you have said..
all of his recent couture collections are starting to run together (though i loved the last asian-influenced show) the asian influence is still here for this one i think..
like setthi said.. it looks like they threw whatever didn't make the cut last time, into this show along with a bunch of other new creations..

i guess i just don't get it..
not too surprised though..
i don't really expect much more than this from dior any more..

21-01-2008
V.I.P.

I agree that this is so uninspired at this point,it really is.But i personally still LOVE it,i love OTTs of it,but i have 1 question does anyone know who made the shoes?

They look so much like oriental platforms that Nichola Kirkwood did last year,and i wonder if maybe he got the gig because these look the same.just in different colours,or did John just plain ripp it off?

21-01-2008
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuTTyRoCK112 View Post
I see this exotic African mood with some of the hats and darker colors. I think John should have stuck to that motif, ditched the glitter, neon, poofy dresses and platforms. He could have made a beautiful, poetic, opulent Nubian kind of collection with the darker crocodiles, the black and gold theme, more emphasis on the tortoise, a little more ethnic, more emphasis on outfits as opposed to dresses, varied and interesting footwear, an overall more tribal and natural look with a touch of sophisticated sexuality.

He obviously has alot to say still, but is struggling to get it out while under the pressures of LVMH.
Agreed. I think an African collection could be very now, especially if he played w/ nude bodysuits etc.

This is just such a sad collection...Oh well...Tomorrow is Gaultier.

rising star

Some pieces I loved. I mean, really, really loved. But then.. I feel sort of let down by John, although I don't know what I was expecting. I liked the pieces that felt like they should be worn by Jean Shrimpton, the sort of 60s debutante gowns with the hooped earrings and elaborate hair, and I liked a few other pieces but I was dreadfully underwhelmed. I mean, everything is gorgeous, but just not NEW gorgeous.

Ah well, there's always next season...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
08, christian, dior, hc, paris, s or s