Christian Dior HC S/S 2012 Paris - Page 10 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-04-2012
V.I.P.

Per a comment in a model thread and libertylondongirl.com, the Christian Dior S/S 2012 Haute Couture collection will be shown on the Bund in Shanghai on Saturday, April 14.

From Liberty London Girl's Facebook
Quote:
“Elegance must be the right combination of Distinction, naturalness, care and simplicity.” Christian Dior An X-ray of Dior savoir faire defines the Spring-Summer 2012 Haute Couture collection. Dior is a house defined by its ateliers, craftsmanship, heritage and elegance. Intricate detail and technical skill are the blueprint for Christian Dior Haute Couture. The collection is informed by photographic opposites creating a luminous work in progress. Jupons are finished with precision as the semi-sheer layers reveal the exactitude and construction behind each creation. Embroidery is mirrored from black to white, white to black, with a restrained colour palette of black, white, and Dior grey accented with red, deep aubergine, nude and lavender. Cutting technique is seen through translucent layers of organdi, plissé and jacquard. Fine thread work padding stitches and semi-embroidered layers reveal the couturier’s precision, handiwork and the artistry of Dior Couture. Christian Dior’s grand ball-gowns are given a contemporary X-ray treatment of inverted negatives and positives using dramatic silhouettes of black shadow with white to create a modern ethereal beauty.

Images

01-09-2017
V.I.P.

This collection was so unappreciated but these are prettier dresses than what MGC is making.

fashion icon

^^
Beautiful collection indeed but OMG, it is beyond passé even for 2012. Looking back at Galliano's last 3 years + Bill G. you really see how Raf (and god knows how much i didn't like his work at Dior) was such a breath of fresh air for the house.

Dior was really remove from the fashion conversation. And no matter how mediocre MG is at Dior, at least it says something about the world, women and fashion today.

Gaytten is a wonderful dressmaker not a designer.

01-09-2017
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
^^
Beautiful collection indeed but OMG, it is beyond passé even for 2012. Looking back at Galliano's last 3 years + Bill G. you really see how Raf (and god knows how much i didn't like his work at Dior) was such a breath of fresh air for the house.

Dior was really remove from the fashion conversation. And no matter how mediocre MG is at Dior, at least it says something about the world, women and fashion today.

Gaytten is a wonderful dressmaker not a designer.
His sales said otherwise.

https://fashionista.com/2012/05/sidn...iano-was-fired

It's too early to tell how MG, but I'm curious to see.

fashion icon

^^I was talking about "fashion conversation", not sales. We are not in the 80's and 90's were those big brands depended on designers to make money.

Of course it was a commercial success. It was easy on the eye and very safe. But in terms of fashion, relevance and desirability, it was off. Raf kinda brought it back. People were interested in Dior after a long time.

MG is selling. Her stuff is once again, simple, boring and safe. And the bags introduced by Raf's team are still very successfull.

Her stuff is actually much more relevant in the fashion conversation than what Gaytten and Galliano (in the last few years) did. It's just my opinion.

Last edited by Lola701; 02-09-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, christian, dior, hc, paris, s or s