Christian Dior Resort 2018 Los Angeles - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

2 Weeks Ago
fashion insider

Christian Dior Resort 2018 Los Angeles
I loved the collection, an offer with a big range, great colors, great theme, handled in a very beautiful way, and Maria Grazia's vision of Dior is getting stronger

screen cap from dior.com

Last edited by miguelalmeida; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:04 PM.
2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

i'm dying to see the whole collection.

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle_gb View Post
i'm dying to see the whole collection.
@nowfashion com is a vid

2 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

The full video is finally up on Dior.com

I'm only 8 minutes into the video as I type this but my god does it feel endless. Someone please tell Maria Grazia to EDIT.

2 Weeks Ago
Fat Karl

I haven't even more than a handful of looks and I can already tell this is just another embarassing flop.

First of all - I'm so over the big hoopla of a destination resort show. Always a big fuss over nothing. All it's good for is an Instagram melee. At this point, the whole concept is so played out - nothing special or unique.

Second - OMG....seeing pictures of the event have me depressed. The Dior Lady Foosball, the Dior Lady Ping Pong, the Dior life preserver....it's like a Pinterest part gone awry. What a sad affair.

2 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

80+ looks are unnecessary and each look makes me feel so unconfortable.

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

I'm still glad we have these big Resort destination shows, for one - everything else might be disappointing, but at least we can gawk at the lovely views. Plus, the studio lookbooks will be coming in a matter of weeks, too, so I'll take what I can get

About the collection... I mean, this is the best Maria Grazia's been at Dior so far (though it isn't saying much at all, really), and the styling really helped. I liked the last look a lot, and the hats over all the looks. What I didn't like... well, the rest of it was pretty uninspiring, and I can't help but feel like Dior's become a parody of itself at this point, somewhere between the logo waistbands and the golden, stiff, pleated dresses. Plus, somewhere along the stream, I thought to myself, "if Altuzarra was at the helm of Dior, this is exactly what I imagine he'd put out"... so thanks for making my worst nightmare come true, MG. Really.

(Also, I wonder if there will be any sort of backlash on social media regarding the theme and inspiration for this collection.)

2 Weeks Ago
trendsetter

tbh i expected something worse but actually this is quite solid
yes the clothes are very commercial, but at least this time it's desirable and very wearable and somehow looked expensive

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Still looking at Valentino 2.0. Dior is gone. And sooo many repetitive silhouettes! I'm afraid she's going to take the theme band wagon, each show a different theme with the same silhouettes.
Sad fashion is that bad atm.

fashion insider

It's very well made and offers a variety of pieces in the house's codes (well, at least her interpretation of the codes) which is what you ultimately expect from a resort collection. So as something that carries little creative value and is supposed to fill the stores until the main collection comes out, I'm not mad at it.

However - and that is a big however - I am just not impressed by her as a designer. Even though everything is beautiful it still has no soul, no passion, there is no real creativity. It's a very corporate approach to design that she seems to continue to champion and it's clear that that's what her tenure at the house is going to be like until the end.

front row

This is the best collection Chiuri made for Dior, but this is a rather low bar! Some looks are almost literally the same from her first collection, just different fabrication and color! There are some new ideas there, but they were smudged up to make it look like the same old Dior! The saving graces of this show are the set and the whole gimmick surrounding it!

I agree with StoneSkipper, as I was watching, I can't help but think the theme might kick off a massive backlash!

2 Weeks Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
Still looking at Valentino 2.0. Dior is gone. And sooo many repetitive silhouettes! I'm afraid she's going to take the theme band wagon, each show a different theme with the same silhouettes.
Sad fashion is that bad atm.
Agreed!! I was actually quite shocked to see sheer dresses and those tacky labelled dress straps yet again. I'm afraid this woman doesn't have much range.
I do think it was perfectly styled, and the setting made it look much better than it actually is. This was much better executed than Chanel Paris/Dallas....

2 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

For the first time I want to take back all the bad words I've said about Raf's Dior. Even the design team's tenure was much more interesting. This is ridiculously literal so almost everything is Halloween-ready and the rest is just Valentino-like. She knows nothing about editing so she made 85 boring looks that are totally irrelevant and repetitive but of course they will sell so everyone will be happy.

2 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

That's really UGLY and DATED. What the hell is going on in the head of this lady during a fitting session ??? I want to know....

There is nothing attractive in this collection. Maybe the set design ? The landscape behind ?

And yes, Raf Simons was better at Dior than Chiuri will ever be. There is nothing fresh in her designs. They're full of dust, sadness, they ooze boredom... Whereas Simons was bringing technology, new craftmanship, colors, textures and attitudes in his shows. Some disliked it, but at least you have to admit that there was a clear vision on point behind his work. Same with Galliano. This Christian Dior has nos soul, it is so lazy and predictable.

And again those stupid hats....as we did not get enough with her FW17 collection.

Westworld meets Hell.

ps : who does the styling at Dior now ? Because sometimes, boring clothes can look better with some tricks but they are clearly missing here...

Last edited by IloveDiorHomme; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:27 AM.
2 Weeks Ago
rising star

All I can say ... that will sale .. and pretty well
I feel like they dont even try , cool clothes but nothing breathtaking

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2018, angeles, christian, dior, los, resort