How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-09-2011
fashion elite

What a wonderful Elie Saab show!

30-09-2011
.my prison is your brain.

^ Haha, so true.

Also, how weird is it that we have all these refined, modest, and lady-like looks and then the closing model walks out bare-bottomed!?! Someone, is creepy.

30-09-2011
French Chic

Where's all the drama? A severe lack of it, but it was definitely a smart move not to try to replicate that atmosphere. That being said, unfortunately, it's all very safe, and ultimately quite boring, albeit with flashes of panache and imagination here and there. But, it's not enough as it's very forgettable. Superb runway though.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
^ Haha, so true.

Also, how weird is it that we have all these refined, modest, and lady-like looks and then the closing model walks out bare-bottomed!?! Someone, is creepy.
They did the same thing in the Fall 2011 show with the closing look.

30-09-2011
trendsetter

I would not feel proud and arrogant if I wear Dior on spring.
I would be embarrassed to pay for something cheap, suppress and limited designed.

There are no more proud of wearing Dior anymore.

Last edited by CholoChic; 30-09-2011 at 11:37 AM.
30-09-2011
front row

This will sell.... They aint gonna fire him :-/ :,-(

30-09-2011
front row

I miss Galliano dramatic touch i mean this collection is nice and i like a few look but its nothing special. Its not unique. It could have been Jason Wu or Ellie Saab.

V.I.P.

To me, this collection speaks of an existential crisis, which is exactly what the brand is experiencing now: who are we? We don't know. Hence, the clothes don't feel exactly like "Christian Dior". Maybe a bit of this, a bit of that, but no clear identity.

Perhaps, as a result, it all feels a tad generic; there is something missing - the "devil may care" risque element that Galliano brought to the brand.

I like the dove gray & black pieces (there are about 4-5 in #49) but those are all that stood out for me.

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 30-09-2011 at 11:50 AM.
30-09-2011
fashion insider

not as bad as i had expected.
- clearly, they are allowing a simple set of concepts to be created while big decesions are being made in terms of replacement on the backend. here, the collection is streamlined & classic dior, nothing groundbreaking or visually spectacular but acts as a form of pacification for dior clientele. still, we're all waiting to see what's next.

im ready for this lull to be over at dior. even though galliano was the sh*t, i was bored with his constant historical references & reptitive use of drama. hoping the next person to take the helm at dior will inject something entirely new for the brand.

30-09-2011
V.I.P.

at least they got the runway right?

i'd say the clothes are pretty enough, but that's really all it is. nothing about this says 'I'M A TASTEMAKER!', more like 'lets make a collection worthy of mail order catalogs'.

hell, one dress even rips off current Valentino and their ruffles FFS.

30-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelWhore4 View Post
What a wonderful Elie Saab show!
i don't know if you meant this as a jab, but at least Saab's stuff is REALLY pretty. REALLY REALLY pretty.

this ain't.

30-09-2011
fashion icon

Overall, it's a decent effort. Needless to say, the evening dresses are far more eye-catching than the day looks.
I hate the look & length of the sleeves. That seems to be Gaytten's preferred type of sleeve.

Please do not compare this collection to the work of Elie Saab. Elie's work does not look this amateurish. However, we should all keep in mind that Gaytten landed at the helm not by choice but by circumstance.

30-09-2011
V.I.P.

beautifully made clothes but I am very indifferent to this... i agree with what was said about it looking like a Jason Wu collection... even down to the hair and make-up. There is vision missing in this, and even if the last collections of Galliano were boring you could still see he put some thought in it, but this just looks like refurbished looks from past Dior collections. Gaytten's talent is in this collection, but that's only construction. It's missing someone who can go outside of the Dior box

30-09-2011
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
i don't know if you meant this as a jab, but at least Saab's stuff is REALLY pretty. REALLY REALLY pretty.

this ain't.
No I really like Elie Saab, but he's not known as trendmaker/highly creative designer, his collections are just pretty for the sake of being pretty. They lack depth and so does this collection. This imo looks like it could have been designed by him in one of his less inspired moments.

front row

This is missing that galliano spice , is not bad is just not exciting at all

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, christian, dior, paris, s or s