How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-09-2011
backstage pass

Nice outfits! BUT not for Dior!!!
It's not creative, not that colorfoul, it's too different from past collections. If I didn't know what Dior really is I would never imagine past collection and this one could be related.
All the pieces look like they do really miss the cherry from the top of the cake.

30-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Dior: Chic and Safe but With Buzz

By CATHY HORYN

From the hubbub at Dior, with vamping socialites and a front row of LVMH brass, including its chairman, Bernard Arnault, and the habitually leather-clad architect Peter Marino, one would have thought de Gaulle had come back from the dead. I guess Dior is France. The flying colors, though, were the grays and creams of the house, mixed with palest blue and a dash of poppy red.

Bill Gaytten, the studio head, did a nicely restrained job with Diorís tailoring, pairing the classic bar jacket with checked or creamy gazar skirts, and cigarette pants. Necklines were opened up. A sleeveless cotton dress in black and white windowpane checks offered a different take on the seasonís graphic patterns. White silk coats were printed with smoky gray roses, another house signature. Evening consisted of airy black lace with white silk, and cocktail dresses with swimsuit backs.

Sidney Toledano, the Dior chief, said an announcement about a new designer might be in a few weeks.
nytimes.com

30-09-2011
Amour Comme Hiver

It's just so... lifeless.

30-09-2011
V.I.P.

I don't see what else should Dior do or is expected to at a moment like this, when there's no designer and consequently no direction, and the house is pretty much floating on its own reputation, which Galliano heavily contributed to but certainly not created. This is as strategical and sensible as it has to be, if it's not extremely adaptable to a wide range of customers, it's packed with 50s evening gowns that don't just resemble the beginnings of the house but also the trends we've been seen in the last week and are potential stars of red carpets and galas, if they know who to cater to, and I'm sure they're working on that day and night. This collection, although not astonishing by any means or representative of the vision of someone that IS NOT in the house right now, makes perfect sense to me and I think it's a good, hardly suicidal transition through the turbulence from Galliano to whoever is next.

Last edited by MulletProof; 30-09-2011 at 01:54 PM.
30-09-2011
trendsetter

It's so sad and boring. I'm ashamed to have Dior at the end of my user name. I miss John

30-09-2011
fashion insider

This collection would of been genius is the 50s, sadly this is 2011 and i didn't catch any interesting modern references....however there were some beautiful clothes on the runway I must say and this was a HUGE improvement over that HAWT MESS COUTURE show

30-09-2011
V.I.P.

i didn't get excited about anything. even preferred the couture show to this.

V.I.P.

To me it looks one or two steps below being a good Dior Cruise collection. And I am starting to wonder if the biggest differentials are the lack of three or four high-impact looks and the non-drag styling.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossiping View Post
i didn't get excited about anything. even preferred the couture show to this.
Yeah I found myself missing the trainwreck deliciousness of that collection.

Last edited by agee; 30-09-2011 at 02:12 PM.
30-09-2011
V.I.P.

Very pedestrian, but as a collection it's OK until you realise it's Dior and 'OK' simply is not enough. It's pretty lazy really, particularly when you think 'Dior' you think theatrics and detail, neither of which this collection has.

30-09-2011
backstage pass

HQs

vogue.it

30-09-2011
backstage pass

cont.

same source

30-09-2011
backstage pass

cont.

same source

30-09-2011
backstage pass

last bunch.

same source

30-09-2011
windowshopping

how can i have an opinion when it is so boring? it literally makes me feel nothing. it's unremarkable.

30-09-2011
fashion insider

Is this a f*cking joke!?!

Just looking at the pictures I would have thought it could be ANY Alberta Ferretti, DKNY or Michael Kors collection from the last 10 years.

There is nothing "Dior" in it, nothing exciting, no statement at all!

It looks like the usual off-the-rack fashion. Dresses middle-aged secretaries would wear to their office`s christmas party.

Terrible, just TERRIBLE!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, christian, dior, paris, s or s