How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-09-2012
trendsetter

i love that he stays true to himself and didn't make a cut after jil sander. still, i think this collection is very dior, combined with perfect raf simons tailoring. i see a lot of details from his menswear collections and i absolutely love this! unisex ŕ la raf!

28-09-2012
front row

nowfashion

28-09-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIs View Post
I'm confused, more than anything else. I can't even tell if it was good or bad. It was so different from Galliano for Dior that I don't know what to make of it all.
I am confused too, but it seems more Raf than Dior to me... is this the Dior for 2013 and beyond? I am not too sure. Let the consumers decide...

28-09-2012
V.I.P.

edwardenninful instagram

28-09-2012
backstage pass

fritze, yea I definitely noticed that!

this collection reminded me of the film The Hunger, with Catherine Deneuve. from the flowing curtains and suits + colourful makeup, to Schubert!! Not a bad thing...

28-09-2012
V.I.P.

jessicamichault instagram

28-09-2012
front row

This is such a different direction for Dior... I don't know what to think about this.. it's too bold and simple.

28-09-2012
backstage pass

BORING and PREDICTABLE

I knew since the beginning that Raf's world would not mix perfectly with the Dior dna. This is not the level of the worst collection ( if it exists...) for Jil Sander.
Nothing is edgy, so of course, people with safe fashion tastes will adore this "chic and modern" approach of feminity, but it does not gives goosebumps like any Jil Sander show. A big step forward for this designer, maybe it's the mediatic pressure, I don't know

And many girls could not work properly on the heels....

front row

This show was fantastic. Those metallic skirts were just so insanely good. The tailoring in it was absolutely beautiful. And the black gown with the tulle towards the end... oh my god. I love this. And watching Raf running around and blowing kisses was one of the best parts<3

28-09-2012
V.I.P.

sarahameyaw twitter

28-09-2012
V.I.P.

I absolutely love this. I was worried how Raf would manage his minimalistic vision in a house like Dior, and he succeeded! I love the shapes, the detailing, the set, everything. Now I'm beggining to forget how great was Galliano when he first started at Dior.

front row

nowfashion

28-09-2012
V.I.P.

I think many people are brainwashed by John Galliano and don't know what the original Dior was like.

28-09-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveDiorHomme View Post
BORING and PREDICTABLE

I knew since the beginning that Raf's world would not mix perfectly with the Dior dna. This is not the level of the worst collection ( if it exists...) for Jil Sander.
Nothing is edgy, so of course, people with safe fashion tastes will adore this "chic and modern" approach of feminity, but it does not gives goosebumps like any Jil Sander show. A big step forward for this designer, maybe it's the mediatic pressure, I don't know

And many girls could not work properly on the heels....
You're probably thinking that Raf wouldn't mix with GALLIANO'S Dior. What he did last couture WAS Dior. Read up on Dior, look at pictures, and you'll understand. He made a collection that was extremely client friendly, while still being able to have mass appeal with it. And he studied Dior's history. It shows. He's going to do a great job at Dior.

Last edited by lepetitcouturier; 28-09-2012 at 08:23 AM.
28-09-2012
V.I.P.

First part: extremely boring and everything was already being showed in the couture show (same shapes and fabrics and constructions)-->unnecessary
Middle part: so tacky and cheap with all those shiny flowing fabric...a bit too much inspired from Atelier Versace FW12 with the difference Donatella did gowns (which looked gorgeous) and not minidresses or tops paired with short pants
Final part: boring and uninspired...you can't stage a Dior show without showing any single gown

Shoes looked good but also looked uncomfortable (every model started to loose balance after few minutes walking in those)...only few bags which all looked pretty much the same

this is another fail after the couture show, I can't believe I'm saying this but Gaytten was MUCH MUCH better than him!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, christian, dior, paris, s or s