How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-09-2012
V.I.P.

Sublime, a perfect evolution and continuation of the Couture collection. From the very star we won me over with the impeccable tailoring, sharp and seductive. The technicolor organza dresses were amazing, Versace tried to do it last season but it looked tacky, but here the effect is great. The tule veils on the dresses gave an amazing silhouette. Lovely short shorts with colourful tops and drapped mini-dresses, just perfect for the summer.

It was another bold statement from Raf. Playful ellegance, youthful sophistication, minimal and intelligent. You can see his getting more comfortable and letting himself go even further, and delivering more beauty as he goes.

28-09-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADLET View Post
I don't like it, very Jil Sander ........................
did you even see the actual jil sander this season?

28-09-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivi27 View Post
Sorry, but I have to say that you need a bit of openmindedness yourself... Just because some people don't like this collection, doesn't mean they're over-adoring Hedi. I myself don't find this collection good, but I'm not really a fan of Hedi. It's really just about each person personal opinion of this collection
Ermm I didn't actually say whether I like the collection or not, and I did not comment on a wide range of people here who are no hedi-lovers and who certainly have made their strong views clear - which I fully respect

28-09-2012
V.I.P.

I love Raf and there are many pretty items in this collection but.. what is this one? is like one missed look from Aquilano.Rimondi latest show

nowfashion

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivi27 View Post
Sorry, but I have to say that you need a bit of openmindedness yourself... Just because some people don't like this collection, doesn't mean they're over-adoring Hedi. I myself don't find this collection good, but I'm not really a fan of Hedi. It's really just about each person personal opinion of this collection
Thank you ! Especially that this name I have, I got a long time ago when I registered it for the first time. I am not a Slimane soldier sent here to say bad things on purpose Raf Simons is one of my favourite designer, I even chose him to write a thesis at school. Anyway, I will wait to read the critics of Suzy Menkes, she seems to be the only one on which we can rely concerning her honnesty.

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
I think many people are brainwashed by John Galliano and don't know what the original Dior was like.
well if it was a brainwash i'm OK with it, anything other than this mess

28-09-2012
MON
V.I.P.

This is indeed a minimalist collection. Some looks were great, some were okay and some were what the hell. I wasn`t moved by this collection at all but I wasn`t disgusted by it completely. There was something missing with this collection but I just can`t simply point it out. Was it the direction the collection was going? Prints? Drama? (this is not something because I`m "brainwashed" or something)

Well this is just his first collection (RTW) for Dior so I`m giving him the benefit of the doubt. I`m pretty sure Raf can deliver. He wouldn`t be in Dior if the bosses didn`t believe in him

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeterbe View Post
The only thing which is predictable here is the 'i-adore-hedi' and 'lovediorhommefrom5yearsagobutitssoboringnow" contributors slashing the collection. A bit of openmindedness surely never hurt anyone
For your information, I HATE Hedi and I still find this collection boring.
And yes, some of it, look like old Christian Dior, but it's still boring. What was/would have been interesting decades ago, isn't necessarily interesting today.

Last edited by lili la tigresse; 28-09-2012 at 09:21 AM.
28-09-2012
backstage pass

great seeing him being less referential to dior than he was during HC

it looks like he's really trying to capture the spirit of dior instead of just reinventing the classic looks. the new look etc made sense in a post-war europe, redoing that now doesn't make any sense with the time we're living in now.

i don't live this collection but it's a great step forward

28-09-2012
front row

There is way too many silhouettes, lengths and themes in one collection. What are the couple of moroccan-like ornamental pieces doing in between the metallic stripes? Or those rather Chanel-esque pencil dresses with circular lace/beading? Also the suits seem very out of place considering the rest of the collection. Quite disappointing after the very promising couture collection. I get a feeling that there was pressure over him to take another direction than he would have wanted, which is not a good sign.

28-09-2012
etre soi-meme

the problem -because there was a problem here- was editing and roots

never a Galliano girl myself, i was expecting much more from Raf Simons
something 'more Dior' in the way he did Dior for his last collection at Sander

i have no clue what was in his head
was he trying to make a better YSL than Hedi?
is he flirting with Balenciaga?

a weak and bad edited premiere
that will sell like hot bread

28-09-2012
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatouejeremie View Post
did you even see the actual jil sander this season?
great point made

Sander was much better than Dior which is not even trending in twitter

28-09-2012
fashion elite

it's beautiful but not Dior

V.I.P.

This does not look like Jil Sander in a "duh what would you expect since Raf Simons was the creative director of Jil Sander before coming to Dior" kinda way, this looks like Jil Sander in a Dolce and Gabbana stuck in Sicily kinda way. In other words if this collection was the Jil Sander SS13 I can see it being dinged for its redundant-ness.

I like RS' work at Jil Sander but it was not must see fashion for me, but that does not mean that I see him as unworthy of taking over Dior, but something has not gelled yet. I am not ready to call for Raf Simons dismissal, he is entitled to a transition period, but I just wonder if he is a one trick pony, or if he is scared to do anything too interesting and evolve within his aesthetic, or if he is trying to sneak in some of his "best of Jil Sander" looks in an effort to expose them to the much larger Dior audience / market... I dunno.

I think the collection had too many themes and had too many resort type looks. The best part for me were the suits that opened the show and the mini dresses that followed. I am not bowled over but I can see the collection doing well commercially, after all someone always needs a well made black suit, and I can also see looks from the collection on the red carpet.

Last edited by agee; 28-09-2012 at 09:38 AM.
28-09-2012
V.I.P.

I think it's very young in feel, which is a nice update for Christian Dior - a shot in the arm! Those jaunty neck scarves are very Parisian and I like the use of metallics throughout, but those full, long, metallic & floral printed skirts at the end are simply gorgeous. It seems that straplessness is a huge trend this spring; we've seen a lot of it in Paris thus far. I do feel like this collection could use more coherence, could be more unified in direction, but maybe he's experimenting with different things/fabrics/cuts/ideas to see what clicks? It is his first RTW go around after all. I am intrigued to see where he goes next. But there's new life in the brand for me.

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, christian, dior, paris, s or s