How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-01-2013
fashion insider

Christophe Josse Haute Couture S/S 2013 Paris

fashionising

21-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
In just fifteen haute couture looks designer Christophe Josse was able to produce a collection that was clear, calm and collected.

“The collection is very concise, with a certain simplicity and purity,” revealed the designer before the show. “I really wanted to continue in the same direction that we have been heading for a few seasons now.”

Jose clearly had fun playing with the luxe fabrics. He used delicate pleating that would seamlessly move from vertical lines to a zigzag pattern, and back again on a pristine white skirt. He lovingly wove an intricate basket pattern on gowns to create a clever graphic effect, which provided a bit of gravitas to the slightly retro shapes. And his inclusion of eyelet fabric, lace and flower motif embellishments gave the clothing a youthful whimsy.

The show might have been succinct, with a limited color palette of ivory, navy, black and just a touch of color in pistachio green and blush pink, but it was expansive in its beautiful exploration of haute couture techniques. The lack of ostentatious embellishments left room for Josse to demonstrate, through his deft construction, this show's sophisticated side.

This was a collection designed for women searching for gowns that would make them look elegant but never out of place. It was a demure and dainty show that never put a flat-footed sandal in the wrong place.
- Jessica Michault

backstage pass

I don't hate it but I definitely don't like it. It's weird. I don't know what it is but I don't like it. I feel that it doesn't have the quality to be a couture collection.

fashion insider

I like the long dresses.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, christophe, couture, haute, josse, paris, s or s