How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-01-2013
Stitch:the Hand

i think this together with the trouser shapes at demeulemeester and the pyjama shapes at dries,it's a nice change-up from the standard looks we've been subjected to the last few years.

as for hermes....it bewilders me,with the designers that have helmed why they never got somebody in for the menswear to sort of compliment one another. aesthetically veronique's work feels completely disjointed from what lemaire and the those before him have done.....not a lot of cohesion or continuity between the two.

21-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
i think this together with the trouser shapes at demeulemeester and the pyjama shapes at dries,it's a nice change-up from the standard looks we've been subjected to the last few years.

as for hermes....it bewilders me,with the designers that have helmed why they never got somebody in for the menswear to sort of compliment one another. aesthetically veronique's work feels completely disjointed from what lemaire and the those before him have done.....not a lot of cohesion or continuity between the two.

VN has been with Hermes a long, long time, and I understand that intimate "family" maisons like Hermes and Chanel, no matter how big they are, value loyalty and a comfortable relationship above all. It's only with a change of CEO at Hermes that Lemaire is brought in, and only because he's very discrete, below the radar and classic in his own way. Hermes attracts a certain type pf customers who buys quality, not too much "fashion", which is why Lemaire is a good fit. This is in contrast to big corporations like LVMH that snap up and fire designers according to popularity, flamboyance, buzz and media. This is what I understand..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, christophe, f or w, lemaire, mens, paris