How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-01-2013
Stitch:the Hand

Christophe Lemaire Mens F/W 13.14 Paris
such a beautiful collection. reminds me of a true artisan at work. pure and sublime. like the presentation as well. very simplistic and straightforward.

*style.com

20-01-2013

20-01-2013

20-01-2013

20-01-2013
.my prison is your brain.

Can I have the femme, only slightly tailored, version of all of these looks please? Absolutely beautiful. Love how he showed it on an array of men -- both young and old, with different builds and vibes -- it definitely works on all of them. Impressive.

20-01-2013
fashion icon

Classic and wearable, a bit boring but I believe Christophe is all about quality instead of trendy.

20-01-2013

btw,this is what i am talking about with hermes. i really wish we could see this kind of quality in its menswear. coincidentally is the guy who designs its womenswear now.

Last edited by Scott; 20-01-2013 at 09:28 PM.
20-01-2013
backstage pass

What I adore about his work is that it's easy to wear and never feels overbearing. It's powerful in the most quiet way possible, which allows for the ease of his clothing to really be well represented in his work. Another beautiful collection from Lemaire! Bravo!!!

fashion icon

It's great to see Lemaire strip his clothes down a bit and bring them down to their most basic. There's no overbearing design theme or inspiration at hand here, just the the right lines, the right fabrics, the right proportions and the right clothes. Can't really see this collection being bought by any retailer and not selling out.

21-01-2013
V.I.P.

those pants are despicable

21-01-2013
tfs star

minus these pants, I like everything!

21-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
btw,this is what i am talking about with hermes. i really wish we could see this kind of quality in its menswear. coincidentally is the guy who designs its womenswear now.

Yes, if only Hermes men's is designed by Lemaire! I can't see any problems with these very relaxed trousers, they make the wearer look cool, interesting and intelligent.

They might look "boring" but every pieces is different and unique, with impeccable qualities from tailoring to proportions.

Hope his Hermes FW2013 next season will be in this vein too. Been buying Lemaire's own label, they're staples in the wardrobe!

21-01-2013

i don't have a problem with the trousers either. pleated trousers always seem to get a bad rap. but it also depends on other attributes that make them less attractive and flattering. usually pleats are a way for designers to control volume and shape. i like the way these trousers are constructed....they have that fluidity at top and tapered at the bottom so they don't seem as bulky as what we perceive.

21-01-2013
V.I.P.

this is super appealing in a purist vein. the presentation, like the clothing dont scream but make quite an impression.

21-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott View Post
i don't have a problem with the trousers either. pleated trousers always seem to get a bad rap. but it also depends on other attributes that make them less attractive and flattering. usually pleats are a way for designers to control volume and shape. i like the way these trousers are constructed....they have that fluidity at top and tapered at the bottom so they don't seem as bulky as what we perceive.

I've switched to the bias and pleated cuts too, it's been a while now, since Levis' Red - it's a good way to stand out from the black-skinny-tights-leggings-leather-rocker crowd. There's something about the less uptight and more relaxed attitude in these slightly 80s Japanese looks that appeal greatly to me. And yes, I too want the femme version.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, christophe, f or w, lemaire, mens, paris