How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-02-2011
When in doubt, wear red.

This is definitely one of my favourite Christopher Kane collection ever. I love the mermaid inspiration, but it doesn't feel déja-vu or predictable. The last dresses are the best ones since the begining of the season, IMO. Its almost as if they were made of rainy drops. I also love that the liquid inspiration, is echoed by the printed plastic (?) on the other pieces. Finally, I find the contrast between the first part of the show & the end really appealling. Indeed, its almost as if the evolution of the collection represents the metamorphosis of a normal woman into a dreamy creature.

21-02-2011
V.I.P.

I just love the clutches

21-02-2011
V.I.P.

Hmmm...upon closer inspection in high def, I'm not as impressed.
Some of the pieces look quite cheap.

However, I'm still very impressed with the creativity and the uniqueness.
He's always consistent with that.

21-02-2011
backstage pass

I never used to get Kane, but now I do and think he is wonderful. You just have to look at the audience. Daphne Guinness, Anna Wintour, even Plum Sykes (the one tipped to be the successor at american vogue when Wintour decides to step down) he really is a star in the making. I just hope he concentrates on building himself and his business instead of his talents being ploughed into some other foreign fashion house.

21-02-2011
V.I.P.

I really like it, even more. Every season he´s got new ideas and surprise us with something interesting and different. He´s so talented.
And i adore this collection. Sexy, fresh, modern.

front row

A shallow, one-note collection. The best way to exhibit your lack of creativity is to take a potentially interesting idea (gel encased in plastic) and then run it through every conceivable configuration possible with only the most superficial differences in design. The great potential in whimsy wears thin really quickly here, a weakness I've noticed in nearly every Kane collection. It's unfortunate that his capacity for novelty and humor is always undermined by a paucity of imagination.

It is a very young collection. Kane's inexperience shines throughout.

Last edited by Uemarasan; 21-02-2011 at 04:38 PM.
21-02-2011
Tobias Funke

So unflattering, everything looks like it would either overshadow or clamp a woman who is not a model.. I have never been a huge fan of his, I do not understand the hype .

NeverNude
21-02-2011
.my prison is your brain.

I keep seeing the word "innovative' over-and-over in this thread and it's so true, I always love seeing what he comes up with. I love the liquid pieces, and can't wait to see one of his "it girls" wearing one of those pieces.

21-02-2011
fashion insider

Amazing, young and fresh, with Burberry it's the only thing that matters of London.

21-02-2011
V.I.P.

don't see the genius in this collection... it's nice forms etc... but the liquid plastic things just makes me think of a "relax-your-eyes" kind of mask, which works one day after you bought it and then it's just ****. so I wonder how some of these dresses will look like after one wash... it is creative though... a little bit of a fashion student collection in my opinion...

Meg
inspired contemplation

Quote:
Originally Posted by karina_zb View Post
I totally disagree with the article claiming it's a collection women want to "put on right away". Are you kidding? With that said, of course I'm absolutely in love with this. Kane is spectacular for me, I've loved and deffended even his most strongly criticised colllections, but the way to describe this one in particular is deffinitely not "immediately wearable".

This was looking to innovate. It was searching materials not normally found in fashion and playing with shapes. One of the best shows so far
I totally agree - definitely not something that is immediately wearable. I don't know - I'm not loving it as much as everyone else, for all the hype it has received. sorry, but what is so innovative about putting these little toys on dresses? And the knits? I mean, it's by no means terrible, I like a lot of the looks, but I don't like the little squishy toy things. It just ruins a lot of the looks for me.

21-02-2011
V.I.P.

I wanted to like this but sadly it seems that I won't.

All I can see is clashing of current trends. You have the plastic play of MJ, ethnic prints, and even some Prada feeling, from the minimal black dresses to the length of those cabaret dresses presented last season.

The liquid lava embelishments are cool but not enough to cover up this collection, ending up in gimmick to add some fun to these garments. He didn't even make them...

Is this seriously what women want to wear?

21-02-2011
V.I.P.

i was so disappointed when i saw this..

Mr. Magic

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015

21-02-2011
rising star

I usually adore Christopher, and I do like this but I don't love it. :/

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags