How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-09-2012
V.I.P.

My only issue with this collection is that it's a bit of a mixed bag; I personally wouldn't imagine all the looks put together forming the same collection. Otherwise I found it to be great, but it was ironically the more sleek, minimal looks that stood out to me.

17-09-2012
V.I.P.

Just looked at the detail shots and wow, I'm blown away. From the fabrics to the construction, this is fantastic!

V.I.P.

One has to marvel at Kane's precision and construction. I viewed this once in medium quality without batting an eye. Once the HQs popped up I was stunned.

Beautiful!

18-09-2012
V.I.P.

First i´ve checked photos in press agencies and i wasn´t impressed. Now I change my mind. This is excellent. Beautiful colour palette, love the cuts and work with fabric.

18-09-2012
fashion insider

Frankenstein's Monster goes high fashion....I love this collection, the colors and detailing are just magnificent...Have to say this is better than most of his previous collections.

Fat Karl

Fantastic collection from Kane, once again. He is really such a talent and one of the few designers left today that have the power to conjure up excitement for his audience, both the viewers in person and us virtual viewers.

I loved everything here. In particular I loved the white denim look on Maria Bradley and the closing sheer looks with appliqued lace and jeweled patches all taped together. Kane has a similar talent that reminds me of Stella McCartney for Chloe, back in the day. The ability to elevate even the lowest of the low brow inspirations, fabrics or techniques in such a delightful, tongue in cheek way. It's absolutely tickling!

V.I.P.

The more I look at this collection, the more I like it.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
18-09-2012
backstage pass

the last final pink dress is my favourite dress yet from the whole of fashion week. It's unreal.

backstage pass

One of the best collections of the season, hands down. It's full of creativity, it's something we haven't seen much of this season, and the details are just striking. Love the inspiration. I have to agree with others that the folded pieces aren't the greatest but some of them work. Favorites are the biker jackets and the organza dresses with the "taped on" lace appliques. London has been miles ahead of New York this season.

V.I.P.

Quite a stand out among the jungle of prints. Very soft yet edged. Good job!

18-09-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
London has been miles ahead of New York this season.
I have to agree.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
18-09-2012
fashion insider

^
I third that, most of these collections have been quite eye-catching rather than New York which was an eye-sore.

tfs star

The pink is gorgeous. Haven't liked a Kane collection for a while, so this is a nice surprise.

19-09-2012
tfs star

there's something off about it, I mean I know it's lovely but I don't like it, i just don't!

20-09-2012
backstage pass

I thought that, like myself, Mr Kane had been enchanted with Raf's final offering for Jil Sander. Much of the first part of the collection could be said to be derivative. Those powdery palettes, the pretty formalism/occasionalism bent out of shape origamicly and undercut with a liberal sexual frissaince (sp.)

The dialogue doesn't really get going until the pieces evoking mattress springs. I'm still not quite sure what's being said. I like but I'mnot sure yet it's his best.

Yes, NPJ, London rocks. Nyc sucks. Who ever said otherwise

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, christopher, kane, london, s or s