How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-01-2007
front row

Comme Ca Du Mode
I just recently bought a shirt from this designer house and was looking for more info about them. I tried a search and it was all comme des garcons. If anyone could give me some info about them or a link that explains something about them it would greatly appreciated.

16-01-2007
scenester

comme ca du mode
i have a blazer from comme ca du mode but i think they are based in asia..nice fit tho

17-01-2007
tfs star

i know they are a japanese brand and when i was 16 i went there and bought a pair of shoes i guess it was my first foray into "fashion", i think they were about 350 dollars

26-02-2007
windowshopping

Comme Ca Du Mode is a chain of clothing stores that you can find in just about any mall in Japan. Even out in the sticks. It's nothing special at all.

I've never bought any of their pieces so I can't vouch for the fit or quality, but their prices are cheap. I recall seeing winter coats there for less than 10,000 yen last year. I bought a cheap suitcase from them once for 2000 yen.

The closest Western counterpart I can think of is maybe Gap or Banana Republic.

26-02-2007
loaded and locked

according to wikipedia Japan, the many manifestations of`comme ca` appear from one of the largest apparel makers in japan called five foxes which is also a company famous for not having a company website (which is probably why the OP had such a hard time finding information)

theres COMME CA ISM: a store for daily goods... utensils, interior decorations, littleknickknacks and super cheap clothes

COMME CA DU MODE: another fairly reasonable priced store which is something like GAP or sometimes like an OLD NAVY or uniqlo or such. they focus on being able to give customers options on `total coordination` (or buying whole ensembles in one shot) and less on design.

COMME CA COLLECTION: designed by Kenji Ito. Is shown at Tokyo collection... far more design-based, there is even a shop ampng all the other high^brand boutiques in south-aoyama.

I actually like some of the collection stuff, but the only things I have bought from du mode or ism are little cheap travel suitcases or makeup bags etc...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ca, comme, du, mode