How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

02-03-2013
V.I.P.

Comme des Garçons F/W 13.14 Paris

style

02-03-2013
V.I.P.

style

V.I.P.

style

fashion elite

Models 4-7 have chest hair!

02-03-2013
V.I.P.

This is fantastic, the rose(flower) details are phenomenal. Love the prints and silhouettes. Speechless about the headpieces.

02-03-2013
backstage pass

those final looks are absolutely gorgeous

02-03-2013
V.I.P.

This strikes me as a kind of mixture of the last 2 collections: the flowers and the layering. Here we have both flowers and layering. I love all of these looks: 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, and 28. The head pieces are great too.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
02-03-2013
Stitch:the Hand

i am in love with this

seems a really big nod to classic menswear. it's both romantic and very well tailored but also highly whimsical. i love all the details and the textures....i love the classic menswear stripes....

02-03-2013
front row

I'll say that I do like this collection......but I'm trying to wrap my head around it. The construction is incredible.......but it's REALLY high on the volume of the sleeves. In some of them...it looks too much like twisted pretzels on their arms...it's not an easy collection for me to digest right now....LOL!!

02-03-2013
scenester

Wow. I feel like I'm looking into the future, or a possible future, before the end of a world.

Last edited by jgyn; 02-03-2013 at 11:04 PM.
03-03-2013
fashion icon

Always delivered.

03-03-2013
backstage pass

Wow this is a lot to digest. Amazing detail!

03-03-2013
front row

Wow. She's really on a whole different level. At this point, it's unfair to even compare other designers to her. No one comes close.

04-03-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uemarasan View Post
Wow. She's really on a whole different level. At this point, it's unfair to even compare other designers to her. No one comes close.
Lets not go overboard !
She's good , even great but certainly not greatest.
Ild put Vivienne Westwood right up there too.

But for sure ms CDG is a very astute business woman me thinks, very very astute.
Selling polyester for such astronomical sums . A genius.

Last edited by bearbrick; 04-03-2013 at 09:18 AM.
04-03-2013
backstage pass

^^^ Viv had her time and no doubt she was a force of fashion in the 80s, but she's clearly stalled at this point. Her collections have been the samo samo for nearly two decades now. the last time I remember Viv doing something great was back in the early 90s when she sent out silhouettes with the exaggerated Victorian-bums. Rei is completely on another level, plane, even dimension.

I love Rei's beautiful mind. CDG womenswear is the only label from her that matters to me, the other branches are all throwaway and forgettable compared to her womenswear. I don't think I've ever not been impressed with any of her CDG womenswear collections. And this is no exception. Her combination of anarchy, chaos and classlessness makes Punk look ultra-conservative, meek and bland.

There's a kaleidoscopic MadHatter's sort of excess I love about this collection-- except it's not hats; it's bolts of fabrics, shreds of fabric, twists of fabrics, and even colorful children's japanese wrapping paper all meticulously and masterfully, delightfully sewn into garments. I particularly love all the pinstripes because they remind me of her earlier work back in the 80s-- except more deranged , but never undisciplined. And there's nothing retro or nostalgic here; The woman only looks towards pushing ahead. Thom Browne can only wish he could conjure such fantastical silhouettes. Even the plain shoes with ankle socks create a striking compliment to these creations: business women gone mad. None of these strokes of fashion genius will ever see the light of day outside this show and editorials, of course-- but it matters not; she's already worked her wonderful poison into my head.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, comme, des, f or w, garçons, paris