How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-01-2011
vertebrae by vertebrae

style

21-01-2011
vertebrae by vertebrae

style

21-01-2011
vertebrae by vertebrae

style

21-01-2011
vertebrae by vertebrae

style

21-01-2011
vertebrae by vertebrae

style

21-01-2011
V.I.P.

sweet. this is very mature leisure, how i imagine hugh hefner would dress if he actually decided to act his age with dignity.

double breasted overcoat in beige wool is handsome and i love the colors and levels of proportion in post 18 2nd down.

22-01-2011
backstage pass

thank you inaya for posting!

review from style.com:

Quote:
PARIS, January 21, 2011

By Tim Blanks

Imagine the final fashion show on the final night of western civilization. Rei Kawakubo had the most appropriate word for it: "Decadence." She showed a collection that literally piled reference on reference like a mad last gasp, starting with the little poodle-y wig plopped on top of each model's head. Kawakubo made some pretty incongruous connections: between denim and dense jacquard, between a U2 tee and a Lurex-threaded cutaway jacket, between tuxedos and pajamas, and on a bigger stage, between diametrically opposed cultures like Japan and China. That was the brocade-and-complex-pant subtext. And yet the shabby, silken languor of the clothes also put you in mind of palazzo-panted cocktails on the terrace of Lucille Ball's home in Beverly Hills on a lazy Sunday afternoon. In other words, the collection embraced a multitude of alternate realities.

That has always been Kawakubo's ineffable genius. Here, she mushed the propriety of Edwardian England together with the sparkly tack of Vegas-as-mammon, then mixed in a handful of disciplinary mid-calf felted military coats. It made for a typically obtuse vision of cultural apocalypse. But there's an irresistible conviction to her vision. As Elvis, the godhead of another strong-willed hybrid of sane and crazy, might opine from on high: "I can't help falling in love with you."

Last edited by user500; 22-01-2011 at 04:47 AM.
22-01-2011
fashion icon

ohoho just hate it !

22-01-2011
backstage pass

could anybody post/ find detail pictures?

i think it is a fantastic collection, so complex, full of detail, beautiful colours, patterns, references. once again she excelled herself, progressed cuts and design approach. probable it is my favorite collection since a/w 09. i love everything of it!

22-01-2011
trendsetter

i think i like this
but..

V.I.P.

Quote:
shabby, silken languor of the clothes also put you in mind of palazzo-panted cocktails on the terrace of Lucille Ball's home in Beverly Hills on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
that's exactly what i see !!!
love it ...
not so keen of the pijama TOTAL looks, but overall i love ...

i love sundays outfits ...

23-01-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

i love so much of this, but it surprises me how some can praise this collection because it birthed from the creative loins of rei kawakubo, but decried the very similar collection haider ackermann put forward in this vein last year. there's a double standard here somewhere.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by margielamike2004 View Post
Considering that Rei is married to a British man (Adrian Joffe)...and the buzz in England right now is all about the future royal wedding of one of Prince Chales and Lady Diana's sons...I was under the assumption that Rei's new collection would be based upon something more typicly British...such as varsity/college pieces...houndstooth-checks, plaids...anything relating to classic British tailoring...such as Saville Row or Harris Tweed..but THIS collection/presentation was TRULY....UN-PREDICTABLE!!
you know rei very good actually. your assumption may not be right for the homme plus, but for the shirt line!
i just saw photos... she showed shirts with the union flag embroidered hugely on the back, front or on the side arm...

Last edited by user500; 24-01-2011 at 02:03 PM.
24-01-2011
backstage pass

I hate it. So unflattering.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by user500 View Post
you know rei very good actually. your assumption may not be right for the homme plus, but for the shirt line!
i just saw photos... she showed shirts with the union flag embroidered hugely on the back, front or on the side arm...

After I looked at the shirt collection...I see more of a Russian influence...notsomuch, British.

Many of the graphics and squares in primary colors..look very much like those Russian posters from the 20's/30's/40'. There is a particular name for the influence...bt it escapes my mind at the moment.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, comme, des, f or w, garçons, homme, paris