Comme des Garçons S/S 2017 Paris - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-10-2016
V.I.P.

Comme des Garçons S/S 2017 Paris

vogue.com

01-10-2016
V.I.P.

vogue.com

01-10-2016
V.I.P.

nowfashion.com

01-10-2016
V.I.P.

01-10-2016
V.I.P.

oh s*it..

(thanks for posting these closeups!!- also, that last model is in pain lol).

01-10-2016
V.I.P.

i have no idea why but this makes me think of a deck of cards, and maybe royalty, so queen of hearts? alice in wonderland?

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
01-10-2016
V.I.P.

Full Collection (HQ)

vogue.com

01-10-2016
V.I.P.

continued...

vogue.com

01-10-2016
front row

rei..girl..

01-10-2016
V.I.P.

Looks like Extreme Weight Loss participants wearing their old clothes.
Or it could be the current trend, participants of Extreme Weight Gain wear their dream-to-be clothes.

almadenahnews.com/vogue.com

scenester

I don't know, for me it seems for last 3-4 years she has been doing just the very same stuff again and again...

02-10-2016
fashion elite

There are always good ideas with Comme. Always.

But when they take on the form of these costumes rather than actual designs to be worn in everyday life, I find it all so tiresome.

It’s the absolute abandonment of the practical side to Comme that I find so… un-Comme-like. She’s at her zenith when she brings her brand of Mad Hatter anarchy to her reference of classical dressing and suiting. At this point, her menswear is so much more thoughtful, beautiful and visionary than this… And her insistence of forsaking the leg area (except for that one good outfit that actually bothers with pants) with either bare legs, or tights, is just lazy to me.

I’m bored by this.

Last edited by Phuel; 02-10-2016 at 01:41 PM.
02-10-2016
fashion icon

This does nothing to me. And i love Rei's work...

Yes, it's extraordinary, unwearable..It's "Art" but i think that only person who might be impressed by it is maybe a student at CSM...
I'm really bored by her doing this stuff everytime.

02-10-2016
fashion elite

It breaks my heart to say that but I'm so disappointed.
I had high hopes for her to shake things up and give me some much needed inspiration. The whole industry is stuck in a rut and Rei used to point everyone in new exciting directions.
But this has no relevance to anything. It says nothing about nothing and is just useless really. I'm going to cry now.

edit

Last edited by gazebo; 02-10-2016 at 07:47 PM.
02-10-2016
V.I.P.

... didn't even notice what she's been doing to legs, I thought last season was enough attention to them and kind of had a major role, especially in stores now.. so in a way, it amuses me to see the absence [almost] here. Buyers are probably lighting candles around that white sleeveless top . I feel like she's designing almost like painting.. rejecting subjecting her work to silhouettes, which I think is wonderful.

I don't know what she's up to, and deep bottom, I don't really care haha, but I've always been fascinated by uniforms and their claustrophobic, prison-like effect.. maybe not so much when it's an adult decision and you anchor pride, belonging and social status or success in it (be it sports team, profession, street subculture, fashion label you swear by), even less so when you spend your life unaware you've been wearing a uniform all along lol, and of course prison/medical condition uniforms sink you as a human being, but I think that growing up, when it's part of your earliest memory of social interaction and it's "the right thing to do" every morning and it's your duty to take care of it (at least it was mine past 12! I was remembering the other day how I'd iron that thing wet sometimes and would think less of people that misironed their pleats lol)... it evolves into a place of safety but also tiny bit of resentment, tiny bit in my case because I secretly liked it, I think most kids were so angry for wearing a strict uniform that they ended up dressing like the Jersey Shore cast the second they could .. but yeah.. when I see this, I think of the ways you can live and feel inside them for so long and maybe how you fantasize getting out or turn them into this explosion where they suddenly become beautiful.

The palette is pretty too.. I always dreamed about a navy uniform.. I spent most years in royal blue+black, dark green+beige.. but there was one horrific year I spent it in a pink DRESS and burgundy cardigan.

Finally, there's something a bit arrogant, not to mention poorly contributive to any discussion (but that's not new in recent time around here) about suggesting that whoever is impressed by this must then understand design or taste or a show as a whole so poorly that it can be equaled to someone as "inferior" as a student. In that dynamic where we categorise things we can't relate to, one could just as well conclude that whoever repeatedly searches for sexual and conventional femininity and comes from the school of Tom Ford and traditional houses will soon feel bored by this. Like a pre-condition. But yeah that would be scandalous. tFS inquisition!

Also slightly cheesy to search for the element of surprise (aka being "impressed") which predominates around here, and which often leads to disappointment. People connect to fashion design differently.. some want to be amused and see freaking pyrotechny happening and clap in ecstasy, some demand to BUY.NOW. and cry me a river when they're given none of that.. it's okay if some just want to see ideas and exploration of sartorial codes in society but what works for a good amount that keep coming back to Rei in my opinion, is mere appreciation for her as a creative person and seeing her experiment and express herself regardless of how profitable it is.. that's completely opposite than "impress me!" exclamations and thank god.

(thanksforreadingmybook)

Last edited by MulletProof; 02-10-2016 at 08:25 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2017, comme, des, garçons, paris, s or s