How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-09-2009
front row

08-09-2009
front row

Hello User500...I TRIED posting a pic of the 2 jackets that I own from this collection...but unfortunately, I'm a computer idiot. I tried EVERYTHING to try to figure this out!!...sorry!!

The 2 jackets that I DO own are the tan/beige jacket w/th horizontal stripes. The colors of the jacket are beige (primarilly) navy blue, orange, and the see-through monofilament fiber. The model in the pic is wearing the jacket with plaid patterned pants, the model has light blond hair.

The other jacket I own is dark brown, mint-green, and a sorta melon orange horizontal stripes...the jacket also has (again) the see-through monofilament fiber. The model is wearing the jacket with gray pants, tall boots, a white t-shirt, and he has dark colored hair. I think it's the jacket in the photo that comes after the one you own...the beige one with the model wearing a bright yellow frill-front shirt and gray pants.

08-09-2009
front row

If you count the pictures in order (counting from left to right) I own the jacket in picture number 7.....and picture number 11.

24-09-2009
backstage pass

oh, these are two very nice ones, that you have!

maybe i can find some detail pictures of the clothes and fabrics, i will post...

21-11-2009
backstage pass

pics from:
auctions.yahoo.co.jp/ netoff_01

21-11-2009
backstage pass

pic from:
auctions.yahoo.co.jp/ netoff_01

21-11-2009
Kwisatz Haderach

thanks user 500, I've owned some of the sarrouel, but they are a pain to walk , it's also my fav collection from h+

those boots looks gorgeous,please PM the link if it's an active auction

22-11-2009
windowshopping

At first glance, some looks can be quite unsightly-- but that's a risk you must take when you venture with Rei Kawakubo.
I'm quite on the fence to be honest, I know she is on the verge of being the anti-fashion of the fashion world, so every season must be taken with the grain of salt.
I am liking certain looks that adds an interesting dimension in terms of purposely clashing some colors and patterns-- yet at the same time I'm not quite sure if it's new and innovative.
For sure, I am loving the pants. It plays with 1940s men's silhouette, but at the same time I am definitely thinking Bigi, a Japanese brand from the 1970s that took inspiration from the dandified suits. Though, I sincerely doubt Ms. Kawakubo took inspiration from this brand, the silhouette is unmistakable.

07-12-2009
front row

i really like this collection. i like the layering of clashing colors and textures. i have the jacket in post 10 picture 3 (purple & grey). i'm wearing it today with a red tartan scarf and a black/white/red/grey plaid shirt. i have to say i really love the look. to me, i guess the overwhelming presence of so many layered patterns/colors renders them patternless/colorless...so to me it is kind of the same concept of just wearing all layered black as i usually do. sounds weird but thats how it strikes me.

scenester

Hi-
"so many layered patterns/colors renders them patternless/colorless", that is really striking. I like that because in a way, that is how I feel about Harajuku clothes from Fruits Magazine. So many different references...so many countries and references from popculture...everything combine is everything and nothing.

18-02-2013
El Viaje Definitivo

my scans
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img2683.jpg (99.4 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg img2684.jpg (100.8 KB, 14 views)
File Type: jpg img26822.jpg (107.7 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg img26711.jpg (103.8 KB, 14 views)

Let the stars decide
22-02-2013
windowshopping

runner, thanks for sharing these! would you be able to share the source?
any chance you have any other images or media from this collection?

24-02-2013
El Viaje Definitivo

you are welcome colinp
the scans are from a magazine " HF june 2004 no.297 " this cover below.
will be back if I find anything good.
but we can seem to find some things with the key word lost englishman.

nytimes
Quote:
“The technique is intellectual because I am using my brain, but the result is shaped through instinct and emotion,” Ms. Kawakubo says.

Emotion is the element that fuels the designer’s work, so that her early, deliberately-distressed fabrics exuded a desolate beauty and the faded formality of men’s tailoring tremored to the title of “Lost Englishman.”

books.bunka.ac.jp
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01367-06-2004.jpg (29.6 KB, 28 views)

Let the stars decide
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
0405, comme, des, f or w, garçons, homme, paris