How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-09-2009
front row

The Day Before : Behind the Scenes Documentaries by Loic Prigent
Here's the new Fendi+Karl Lagerfeld documentary, part of Loc Prigent's new fashion documentary series. A must-see!

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=0E5A496D4A0196CC

Some screenshots:

my favorite

03-09-2009
front row

im watching now.. ok wow, thanks!

tfs star

Thanks!!!

04-09-2009
front row

i loved it. so beautiful. karl may look un-emotionless but his words are filled with emotions. and the team is amazing. optimism flying around no matter. i would love to work for them and with them

04-09-2009
V.I.P.

This is the first of four episodes isn't it?

Proenza Schouler have one too, but I'm not sure who the other two are..

04-09-2009
The future is stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
This is the first of four episodes isn't it?

Proenza Schouler have one too, but I'm not sure who the other two are..
Sonia Rykiel & Jean Paul Gaultier

04-09-2009
V.I.P.

what is that new serie ?

where will it be aired ?
canal + or arte ?

04-09-2009
V.I.P.

squee!!!

ah...i loved it! Karl's personality was awesome! Loved the gorgeous, happy team at Fendi - truly dedicated and passionate people.

the sengelese model that Karl complimented - i was totally cheering for her, so cute.

V.I.P.

Was this the first in the series to air?

I'm hoping all the episodes make it to You Tube in such high quality! I'm dying to see Proenza's.

04-09-2009
Some Like It Hot

OMG !!! does anyone know if it will be available on dvd ?

V.I.P.

wow fantastic! I loved the 'signe chanel' series, and now this.

04-09-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeycombchild View Post
Was this the first in the series to air?

I'm hoping all the episodes make it to You Tube in such high quality! I'm dying to see Proenza's.
http://forums.thefashionspot.com/sho...postcount=2935
there are part 5 + 6 of Fendi - in the link ...

I don't get it ...
Was it aired on any television ?

The generic says it's produced by both Sundance and Arte (where Loic originaly released his documentary ...)
So ....

I don't get it ...

Was it aired this summer in France ?
Coz I haven't seen it .... or even heard about it ...

ok here are more informations - google is usefull, sometimes .......

Quote:
More Details on Loic Prigent's The Day Before, Capturing Proenza Schouler, Sonia Rykiel, Fendi, and Jean Paul Gaultier

Wed, 08/19/09 12:48:55 PM

>> Matt Tyrnauer may have gotten ahold of Valentino for The Last Emperor, and RJ Cutler of Anna Wintour for The September Issue, but it's Loic Prigent who has really taken the whole fly-on-the-wall fashion documentary concept by the horns these past few years. He did Signe Chanel, a five-part series on the creation of Chanel's Fall 2004 couture collection, and the 2007 film Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton, which captures Marc waddling in pigeon costume and finding inspiration for a bag from a collection of pastel macaroons; both Signe Chanel and Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton have been uploaded to YouTube. His latest project, announced back in June, is The Day Before, set to air for four consecutive nights starting Sept. 10 on the Sundance Channel. Prigent tracks four design houses Proenza Schouler, Sonia Rykiel, Fendi, and Jean Paul Gaultier in the 36 hours before their Fall 2009 ready-to-wear shows, with the exception of Gaultier, who is captured before his Fall 2009 couture show.
The series requires Prigent to condense over 40 hours of footage per designer into 51-minute English-language episodes. He focuses on the characters rather than the clothes, W reports, and there are hardly any full-on temper tantrums, despite the last-minute circumstances. But that doesn't mean emotions aren't strained.
At Gaultier, seamstresses are "grumpy" and "exhausted," W writes. Two hours before the show, only four or five dresses were done, Prigent says. Its very tense. At Fendi, Karl Lagerfeld tries to relieve stess with the house tradition: an annual employee fashion show, during which one man sports high heels and another young male staff member walks the runway in a fur stole while Lagerfeld laughs and takes a picture.
The Proenza episode explores the dynamics between Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez, with Lazaro's "yappy, jumping Prague Ratter pooch," Jojo, making cameos. In an early cut, when Prigent was still providing voiceover, the camera frames Hernandez, as Prigent explains, "This is Lazaro, the cute one." The camera pans over to McCollough: And this is Jack, the cute one. Their Fall 2009 show cost $180,000, and three of the raw velvet dresses had to be resewn minutes before they hit the runway. That emergency doesn't hold a candle to Proenza's Spring 2009 catastrophe, W points out:
The season before, the roof collapsed in our studio, says Hernandez, describing thousands of gallons of water pouring into their workrooms and over a mostly white collection. Theres a lot of crap behind the scenes that happens.
Prigent captures the "forever fidgeting philosophizing" Sonia Rykiel in the midst of her $1.4 million, 40th anniversary show extravaganza, which featured 80 models, 70 hairstyling assistants, and a massive LED screen larger than the one used by Madonna on her most recent tour. Her daughter Nathalie, the house's president, is caught screaming at the show producer one minute and hugging him the next. And though Nathalie told W she would have no problem with him including it in the episode, Prigent decides to take out a scene of then 78-year-old Sonia in four-inch heels, taking a fall in the show space: I didnt want to show her on the floor.

04-09-2009
V.I.P.

and more .... from another source ....

Quote:
Sundance Channel Presents Four-Part Fashion Series "The Day Before"

--- Advertisment --- Anne Lu - Celebrity News Service News Writer
Los Angeles, CA (CNS) - Sundance Channel is set to give viewers a rare look behind the velvet rope of runway shows. The four-part original fashion series "The Day Before" will cover the global fashion scenes and calendar.
Directed by Loic Prigent, the series will give viewers an inside look at the creative process and drama leading to some of the most prestigious fashion shows in top fashion cities.
Starting on Wednesday, September 9 at 10 p.m., "The Day Before Sonia Rykiel" will feature the French fashion designer known for her chic and playful knitwear. The Parisian runway show in October marks her house's 40th anniversary.
On September 9, "The Day Before Proenza Schouler" will feature designer duo Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez send out their Fall 2009 collection in New York in February.
Friday will feature "The Day Before Fendi by Karl Lagerfeld" will center on the highly revered Karl Lagerfeld as he presents his Fendi Fall 2009 collection in Milan in March.
The last day will be "The Day Before Jean Paul Gaultier," an episode which showcases Jean Paul Gaultier's haute couture collection in a Paris show.
The series will capture the designers at their key moment when creativity and business come together.
"The Day Before" will air on the Sundance Channel from September 9.

if Arte and Loc haven't planned to release these stuff on french tv, I will be really disappointed !
Arte was the first to offer Loc such a chance, so that would be inappropriate if they don't program these on french television ...

04-09-2009
V.I.P.

ok this news was pretty much everywhere, i should just suscribe to more newsletter !
ouch ....

LOL !

04-09-2009
V.I.P.

Quote:
four consecutive nights
So we'll get another one tonight!?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
day, documentaries, loic, prigent, scenes