How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-04-2005
etre soi-meme

De Sole @ Ermenegildo Zegna
set your eyes on Zegna, Dom is taking control
Quote:
NEW YORK — Domenico De Sole has given up one board seat and gained another.

De Sole on Friday resigned as a director of Procter & Gamble Co. to avoid any appearance of conflict of interest arising from the beauty deal that he and Tom Ford made Tuesday with rival Estée Lauder Cos. Meanwhile, he has joined the board of Italian men’s wear brand Ermenegildo Zegna SpA.

De Sole, 61, has been a P&G director for four years. A spokeswoman for De Sole stressed that he decided on his own that it would be prudent to resign, rather than risk even the appearance of a conflict. She added that De Sole had informed the board in advance of business partner Tom Ford’s plans to make a deal with Lauder, and he kept the board apprised.
Meanwhile, Zegna sees De Sole as key to its plans to evolve from a men’s wear leader to a preeminent global brand.

In an exclusive interview at the company’s offices here last week, Zegna co-ceo Gildo Zegna put months of speculation to rest when he simultaneously confirmed the official addition of De Sole to the Zegna board and squelched rumors the De Sole connection would eventually lead to a Zegna-produced Tom Ford men’s collection.

“The Zegna family wants to create more value to the Zegna brand and Domenico will help us do that,” said Zegna. “My responsibility is to Zegna and to utilize De Sole as a partner….He will make us better managers and thus a better brand so that we can maintain [market] leadership.”
Over the past five years Zegna has taken aggressive steps to increase its revenue and visibility by developing product extensions, such as its footwear collection, produced through a joint venture with Ferragamo; the launch of the trendier Z Zegna line, and most recently an eyewear license with Italian manufacturer De Rigo.
extracts from wwd

Last edited by Lena; 18-04-2005 at 05:10 AM.

19-04-2005
trendsetter

They also mentioned in the above article that it would not come as a surprise if Tom Ford were to produce a line for Zegna. This could be interesting.

19-04-2005
front row

Very interesting...cant wait to see..

19-04-2005
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by modelmama
They also mentioned in the above article that it would not come as a surprise if Tom Ford were to produce a line for Zegna. This could be interesting.
indeed

19-04-2005
V.I.P.

sounds quite interesting... i can't wait to see what comes of this.

19-04-2005
V.I.P.

great info!

19-04-2005
front row

"They also mentioned in the above article that it would not come as a surprise if Tom Ford were to produce a line for Zegna. This could be interesting."

Actually, didn't the article say:

"and squelched rumors the De Sole connection would eventually lead to a Zegna-produced Tom Ford men’s collection."

I'm going to feel really stupid if I'm wrong about this, but doesn't "squelched" mean to disprove, put down, or silence? If so, then that means that it WOULD come as a surprise to see a Ford designed Zegna collection.

Too bad, though, I think a Ford collection for Zegna would be pretty cool.

John

19-04-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
"They also mentioned in the above article that it would not come as a surprise if Tom Ford were to produce a line for Zegna. This could be interesting."

Actually, didn't the article say:

"and squelched rumors the De Sole connection would eventually lead to a Zegna-produced Tom Ford men’s collection."

I'm going to feel really stupid if I'm wrong about this, but doesn't "squelched" mean to disprove, put down, or silence? If so, then that means that it WOULD come as a surprise to see a Ford designed Zegna collection.

Too bad, though, I think a Ford collection for Zegna would be pretty cool.

John

Darling John,

No need to feel stupid- I must concede,I misread the article.
(Or was it merely a fantasy)

Please forgive me

19-04-2005
fashion insider

Very interesting. Let's wait and see the results..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ermenegildo, sole, zegna