How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-09-2005
daisy in my lazy eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by droogist
A very pretty, attractive, and solid collection. But somehow I fully expect to forget all about it in about five minutes' time.
My thoughts. I'd wear nearly all of the dresses however :p I need cheap black flats like the ones posted by Mb.

[style.com]

17-09-2005
flaunt the imperfection

it's beautiful..
i'll take one of everything...

17-09-2005
V.I.P.

Nothing exciting going on here but I do love it and it's something that I ACTUALLY see myself wearing. It's very innocent looking...and I love that for spring!

My blog - Style Bubble - http://stylebubble.typepad.com/style_bubble/
18-09-2005
trendsetter

18-09-2005
go red sox

i love it, i love it, i love it!!!!!

19-09-2005
V.I.P.

Phew! Am I ever glad he came back from the nuthouse of his Fall collection! A very fine collection, but

Dear Mr. Lam,

Rip off your fellow more subtly please. This has gone past the point of 'influence'.

"...buttoned up to the breast, and made with wings, welts, and pinions on the shoulder points, as mans apparel is for all the world...and though this be a kinde of attire appropriate onely to man, yet they blush not to wear it..."
19-09-2005
loaded and locked

i like these shapes and sillouhettes.. i would wear a lot of this... adorable

19-09-2005
backstage pass

there s kind of deja-vu in this collection, probably because it s so simple that it seems like it s already been done and redone.

memoirs of a...

Derek Lam may just be his generation's Marc Jacobs: both are 'interpreters' of popular trends (read: one step behind the creative forefront), but Lam is more sophisticated and less into 'irony.' His work is often pleasing, as he often produces the more wearable (better fitting) versions of Chloe and Miu Miu and Marc Jacobs (not a bad way to find your cliente), but his collections are edited so well that they are always fun to watch and I rarely catch myself frowning over his 'replicas'.

I do think he is more interesting than his fellow up-and-coming designers: Richard Chai, Thakoon, Peter Som, Philip Lim.

20-12-2005
rising star

Derek Lam Collection
He had a trunk show here in Dallas at a boutique here. I got to meet and him see his collection first hand.

All of it was amazing. I had to stop myself from buying it all. Its all sewn beautifully.

He is really nice too. He does excellent work.

This is the stuff I ordered from the trunk show. I got to try it on and play in it. I can't wait for it to come in...should be around Jan/Feb

these are all from his website.

This dress and the little coat over it are beautiful. I had a pair of red suede manolos and it looked great trying it on with this. This is one of my favs!

This surprised me I liked it so much. Its made of lambsuede. Love it. I didn't buy the beaded tank top. I tried it on with a smokey black one and I loved it.

I really wanted to try the dress version of this skirt on but they didn't have it. It was being shot for Vogue. I bought the skirt because I figured I had enough dresses. The skirt is easy and fun.

I almost freaked out with this dress. It was my top choice. It was featured in vogue too. This is so beautiful. Its art. I love it.

I could have picked out 10 other things but I knew there would be other things I would want from other designers.

All his stuff up close was done so nicely the sewing was special and beautiful!

20-12-2005
tfs star

congrats! i'm glad you didn't get the skirt yet.. theres a similar but more detailed one from ungaro..you should take a look! it should be on sale now too.. i feel like a feathery, em, nimbus (for lack of better term) when i wear it

everything is so feminine, even if its not original.. still love it

20-12-2005
Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I really liked the simple styling of the whole show. And the long flowy hair... was in itself a statement...

20-03-2006
fashion icon

finally this stuff is starting to come in. I got the tan colored lambsuede dress in, the orchid skirt and the little jacket from look one.

I am missing a few pieces that I ordered but his stuff is amazing this season!

28-06-2006
windowshopping

white tunic and skirt in post #31
hello- I am trying to find out where I can purchase the white tunic shirt and skirt shown in iperlchen's post- it is so beautiful, and I would love to wear it to my wedding next summer.
Does anyone know where I can find it? I have written to the company, but no response yet.

any help would be great!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
06, derek, lam, s or s, york