How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-05-2011
rising star

Which designers are in Miami?
I'm planning a trip to Miami to see some friends, and I'm extending it to spend some time checking out showrooms in the area for possible designer features and use for future editorials.

*edit please see TFS guidelines regarding self promotion*

Besides the obvious Mercedes-Benz Swim Week names, which is a fairly short list, who else is down there? What is not to be missed?

Looking for a starting point so I can make appointments before I leave (better than spending all my time down there looking-for rather than looking-at).

Is there a list available online of the established local designers? A local CFDA-type association?

Last edited by lucy92; 24-05-2011 at 03:59 PM. Reason: *edit please see TFS guidelines regarding self promotion*

24-05-2011
rising star

I talked to some photographers here in New York and they keep saying there is nothing down there, that all the good Miami designers are in New York, that Miami is just a place where Europeans do catalog shoots. I think that's silly, there have to be people doing something interesting down there.

I'm very interested in seeing what people are doing in all parts of the world, because I don't think fashion should be a thing that just happens in three places.

windowshopping

I used to not be very into the Miami aesthetic in fashion, but recently there's been some really great talent coming out of the area.

I'm going to MB FW Swim in July (I'm in NYC) and I was wondering which shows are not to be missed? I don't follow swimwear.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
designers, miami