Designers Switching Houses ... Moving to New Brands - Page 22 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-09-2017
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
^^
I really don't believe this at all. IMO Donatella still has Riccardo in her mind. Apart from him and Christopher Kane (i don't see his own brand exist in 10 years), i don't believe she has her eye on anyone else...

Riccardo is great because he can do mens and womenswear.
Could be, but it sounds to me like Donatella may want Tisci, but the suits want Jones? I'm keen to see how this will pan out.

Just to put it out there, Vaccarello for Versus was an just as odd an appointment.....

19-09-2017
fashion elite

^^
Yes, maybe it's a "suits" thing. To be honest, Tisci is just the perfect guy. On top of that, he has a cult following and a lot of celebrities that will wear his clothes from Julianne Moore to Julia Roberts. His collab with Nike proved to us that he can sell just with his name...

I feel like i've always read stories about Donatella leaving. I remember in 2004 when they said that Tom Ford will join Versace.

Donatella is not going to retire anytime soon. She loves her job. I can see her as a chaperon to whoever she choose to work with.

Vaccarello was very odd as you said. It's a pity Kane didn't stayed at Versus because with him, they had the opportunity to turn Versus into a MiuMiu kind of thing. When you look at the state of his work today and also Versus, it's very pitiful.

19-09-2017
V.I.P.

Kim Jones is already trashy savvy, meeting another of the same type can be a huge disaster. Please don't do that, Versace people.

4 Weeks Ago
rising star

Poiret:

In: Yiquing Yin

4 Weeks Ago
fashion elite

I'm surprised TFS is getting the news re: Poiret now. NYT reported this mos. ago.

4 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

Quote:
Kim Jones' move to Versace is taking shape

By Dominique Muret - 20 October 2017
After several rumour-filled months, Versace may be about to reveal the name of its new creative director. After Riccardo Tisci left Givenchy last February, social media has been aflame with the wildest speculations, in turn betting on a move to the Italian label by Tisci himself, by Olivier Rousteing, Virgil Abloh, and finally Kim Jones. According to information we have received, the latter now seems the most likely candidate for Versace's top creative job.

Kim Jones - louisvuitton.com

Kim Jones is well-known for his couture streetwear and is in charge of men's fashion at Louis Vuitton since 2011. He succeeded in bringing a breath of fresh air to the label, skilfully jettisoning its formal tone and giving it a more directional identity. Until now, he has never worked on women's ready-to-wear, but his career progression has been spotless ever since he left school in the early 2000s.

Contacted by FashionNetwork.com, Versace has not confirmed the information, calling it a "rumour". Yet, according to an internal source, Donatella Versace may well be ready to welcome and bring to the fore a new creative director, having herself been in charge of style for 20 years after the death of her brother Gianni, the Italian luxury label's founder.

On the other hand, a certain nervousness is filtering through from Louis Vuitton's menswear atelier. According to a source close to Kim Jones, the designer may well be willing to move to Milan, though he would first have to sever his contract with Louis Vuitton, which was renewed last year.

“There’s no comment to make. This is just speculation. Kim Jones is under contract,” a Louis Vuitton spokesperson told FashionNetwork.com, noting that rumours were also swirling around womenswear creative director Nicolas Ghesquière not so long ago, “and he is still here!”

Kim Jones is a cosmopolitan designer and art lover, born in London in 1979. He has a Menswear MA from London's Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design. His graduation show won high praise within the press and the industry, and John Galliano bought part of it. In 2003, he was admitted to the London Fashion Week with his menswear label, showing a blend of street style and sport fashion.

While still working on his own label - which he terminated a few years later - Kim Jones was also ultra-busy on a series of collaborations with Umbro, Hugo Boss, Topman and Iceberg. He was honoured at the British Fashion Awards several times, and also worked for Alexander McQueen before being called up in 2008 by Dunhill, where he became creative director, until he joined Louis Vuitton in 2011.

Since he was a small child, Jones has been a globetrotter, following his family in Ecuador, Ethiopia, Kenya, Tanzania, Botswana and the Caribbean. He is nomadic and curious about the world, and has always drawn inspiration from his countless travels and exotic experiences to create his collections.

The Versace family holds an 80% stake in the eponymous label, and US investment fund Blackstone owns the remaining 20%. Versace is led since last year by Jonathan Akeroyd, and closed 2016 with a net loss of €7.4 million and a revenue growth of 3.7%, reaching €668.7 million.
fashionnetwork.com

4 Weeks Ago
backstage pass

^^^
Wow quite a bold move, but why not, maybe they will create some fireworks together.

4 Weeks Ago
windowshopping

Kris Van Assche posted several Instagram stories of himself at Foundation Louis Vuitton and on the same day Kim Jones posted on Instagram that he was at a meeting.

Could KVA be replacing Kim at LV? It would make sense since Kris just had his 10th anniversary at Dior and he may want a change.

4 Weeks Ago
fashion elite

So the guy renewed his contract last year and they are still making speculation on "when he will arrive at Versace"?

Every designer sign a non-competition agreement in this type of situation so even if Kim Jones wants to go to Versace, Versace has to pay an excessive amount of money to get it out of his contract...something that seems impossible.

Riccardo left Givenchy in January so, we'll have to wait until February to have some updates on his situation.
Kim renewed his contract with Vuitton last year so, it could be a 3/4 years contract.
Nicolas's contract will expire in September 2018 i believe.

The only thing possible at LVMH right now could be a move in the group itself.

I don't think KVA would leave Dior now. The house is trying to recover from the revolving doors and the menswear is stable right now. From a strategic point of view, it's safe for them to have him there....But then, they can decide to not renew his contract when it expire.

4 Weeks Ago
#Resist

^ It seems like no one is signing (or maybe it's more likely offering) more than a 3-year contract lately? But that's 2 more years, a looong time in fashion ...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
brands, creative, designer, designers, director, houses, moving, switching