How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-01-2013
V.I.P.

^Thanks, I didn't know about the previous collaborations (can't read the wwd article because I'm not a subscriber) but I just had a look at them they're pretty cool! This should definitely be good.

27-02-2013
V.I.P.

Trussardi
Out: Umit Benan
In: ?

Quote:
Umit Benan Says Goodbye to Trussardi

According to Trussardi, the designer has finished his contractual two year agreement, with Benan's just-walked in Milan women's Fall 2013 collection being his last for the Italian house. The designer's most recent menswear effort, seen last month, offered a spot-on exploration of outerwear for next Fall that infused classic parka shapes with bold colors. Fear not for the guy, though, as Benan's namesake label is still going strong, pumping out sharp menswear that turns traditional codes of dressing ever so slightly on its ear.
gq.com

Mr. Magic

^ In: Gaia Trussardi
Quote:
The label Trussardi has just declared the end of its partnership with designer Umit Benan and the new appointment of founder Dante Trussardi's grand-daughter to the post of creative director, for the men's and women's ready-to-wear collections.

The design house Trussardi announced this morning the promotion of Gaia Trussardi to the post of creative director for both the male and female ready-to-wear ranges. As the grand-daughter of the label's founder, Dante Trussardi, this young Italian designer had already been responsible for overseeing the brand's design work, supervising media relations and managing the creative department for its Tru Trussardi and Trussardi Jeans lines. It is a big step for the 33 year-old designer who will replace Turkish designer Umit Benan, at the head of the company's studio for the previous two years. She will present her first collection at men's Fashion Week for Spring/Summer 2013 - 2014.

vogue.fr

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
01-03-2013
trendsetter

Trussardi is the kind of label that has their family members model for ad campaigns. at some point it almost seems stupid to have family members in every major position in a company this old.

trendsetter

Quote:
Power Moves | In a Flurry of Tweets, Umit Benan Leaves Trussardi

MILAN, Italy — Yesterday, designer Umit Benan turned to Twitter announcing, ahead of his employer, his departure from Trussardi, the family-owned Italian luxury house he had worked for as creative director since 2011.

“I have just completed my internship at Trussardi,” tweeted Benan. “Remember the finale song at Trussardi women’s show ‘Road to Nowhere.’ No wonder why I love Talking Heads so much.”

The news was not completely unexpected. Rumours of an imminent split circulated during last week’s shows in Milan, a fact that International Herald Tribune critic Suzy Menkes mentioned in her review of Benan’s last show for the label. The review was favourable, as were others, but over the two years of Benan’s tenure at Trussardi the response to his work for the house had been decidedly mixed.

In an official statement, Trussardi said the separation came at the natural expiration of his contract and was consensual, yet Benan’s tweets hinted at an underlying discontent on the designer’s part. Indeed, today the designer told BoF: “My goal was to bring back the Trussardi soul at the company that Nicola Trussardi had established and, in a short time, I believe I did that. I’m happy for that, but along the way we started to have different visions with the company, so I thought it was time to move on. I thank everyone working with me along the way. In the end, there were just too many visions in one company.

Nonetheless, the Stuttgart-born designer remains positive regarding his prospects: “It’s the first time in my life I am not planning anything. I couldn’t be any happier. I will have more energy to focus on and have fun with my own line,” said Benan, referring to the menswear line he designs, and shows in Milan, under his own name.

“When the right thing comes up, and I believe in it, then I will once again be [ready] for another company.”
businessoffashion.com

01-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejarc View Post
Trussardi is the kind of label that has their family members model for ad campaigns. at some point it almost seems stupid to have family members in every major position in a company this old.
But I guess that's the tradition of italian brands isn't it? Missoni, Cavalli, Versace... all controlled by the family.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc10 View Post
But I guess that's the tradition of italian brands isn't it? Missoni, Cavalli, Versace... all controlled by the family.
You're probably right. Missoni is very similar to Trussardi in that way. Etro too. However I feel like Cavalli and Versace are bigger companies and thus have a more "professional" (read: bigger) team of designers behind them which makes the outcome much more interesting (for the lack of a better word)

V.I.P.

Sergio Rossi
Out: Francesco Russo

soure:WWD

What the hell is wrong with PPR?

fashion elite

after Alessandra Facchinetti moved to Tod's, is there any replacement for Uniqueness by Alessandra Facchinetti?

01-04-2013
V.I.P.

Edun
Out: Sharon Wauchob
In: Danielle Sherman

Quote:
Today, Edun—the label founded in 2005 by Bono and wife, Ali Hewson, with the intention of boosting trade and clothing manufacturing in Africa—has appointed a new creative director. Danielle Sherman—formerly the design director of T by Alexander Wang and, before that, the design director of the Olsens’ The Row—will take the reins from Sharon Wauchob. Having designed Edun’s men’s and women’s collections for six seasons, Wauchob is stepping down in order to focus on her eponymous womenswear range in Paris. WWD reports that Sherman starts at her new post today.
style

V.I.P.

^This is going to be interesting. Sharon's latest collections haven't been very appealing to me, so I'm excited to see what Danielle has in store.

02-04-2013
V.I.P.

Mugler
Out: Nicola Formichetti

Quote:
PARIS — Thierry Mugler is parting ways with Nicola Formichetti, the super-stylist called in two years ago to rev up its inchoate fashion business, WWD has learned.
wwd.com

If anyone with subscription would like to post the full article

V.I.P.

^ Finally.

02-04-2013
V.I.P.

inchoate means disordered or disaster - i guess business was really bad.

fashion insider

I second that lol.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bantine, brands, creative, designer, designers, director, houses, kostas, la, moving, murkudis, oscar, renta, searching, switching, taps, ter