How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-04-2006
scenester

i know a girl who worked for diesel and got to meet her idol, Renzo Rosso.
she claimed after eating a meal together he 'took out the DIAMOND he has attatched to his TOOTH and washed it off in her drink.'

thats pretty much how i view the brand.
worthless trash getting away with murder.

07-04-2006
front row

they arent bad sometimes the ladies section is rough too rough and here they get some stuff wish aint that stylish

07-04-2006
backstage pass

I like Diesel, no i actually love it!
i love their jeans' qulaity and styles like those hipper jeans\pants and the destroyed skinny legs jeans
and they also make really great tees for the everyday use
oh yeah, n i really do adore the accessories they make sometimes, like those hardcore kinda lether beaded braclets and doggy tagies and stuff
*im really into those kinda accessories lately, i LOVE to combine them with girlie outfits and of course my tiny teeny pink diamond errings:$*
god bless diesel in every branch

07-04-2006
backstage pass

hey, u can't just compare diesel to dior, i mean.. why does it even cross ur minds??!! :\
diesel is the everyday use cloths, while dior and the other guys aren't..
im sorry but not everyone can or willing to pay over 300$ for a plain cotton tee to wear it at home or for school or whatever.. and even if u are,, im talkin about the majority O.o

07-04-2006
fashion insider

Maybe I haven't seen the same Diesel stuff as most of you guys have, and that's why my opinions are so harsh - because what I've seen is utter crap, their advertising and hype haven't helped my view on them either.

But anyway, I think if I were to choose between the two similar brands Diesel and Marithe Francois Girbaud, I'd choose the latter.

rising star

Diesel isn't fashion any more than Levi. It takes more than and Italian background.

see me at myspace http://www.myspace.com/23845095

22-07-2006
Push it to pop it!

To those of you who have nothing good to say about Diesel...

What brands would you recommend to those of us who can't afford luxury clothing as easily as some of you can?

22-07-2006
tfs star

^go w/ Gstar if youre looking for something comparable, both from a quality & financial perspective...

I can go either way w/ Diesel jeans..Yeah, they are very comfy & have a great fit, but I can do w/o the strategically-placed rips, the faded look, and all that goo they put on their back pockets..

22-07-2006
scenester

I used to love Diesel at the time when I graduated college about 2-3 years ago. It was a revelation from the Abercrombie + Fitch jeans I used to wear and I was like the first person to sport the "Wish" styled shoes on my campus (or so I would like to believe). I got soo many compliments on those shoes it was not even funny. Even when I thought the brand was hot I knew it was overpriced, and I still have two pairs of Zathans that I wear as my "beat" jeans so I have to say the quality is pretty good.

I won't buy anything from the brand anymore because I think it killed its own uniqueness by too much mass marketing (and the fakes that are flooding eBay and Asia). You see the most unfashionable people walking around in Diesel shoes nowadays, you see clearance racks full of Diesel shoes, which makes them lose most of their appeal to me. If you don't believe me, check out the LOADS of Diesel stuff on YOOX, I think it's hard for Diesel to sell their stuff at their desired retail value nowadays.

Anyways to me it's just another nameless and souless "designer" brand and I will put them in comparison with Abercrombie, Energie, Tommy Hilfiger, etc. They'll always be good for basics (jeans, tees, occasional jacket) but I certainly am not having any higher expectations for their stuff.

just my opinion, cheers!

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinleaddict

What brands would you recommend to those of us who can't afford luxury clothing as easily as some of you can?
P.S. I highly recommend Levi's for jeans as they are making a damn effort to widen their cut ranges and if you find a pair or style that fits you, the company will always be there. Also for other basics I would recommend American Apparel, they feature more fitted clothing and they seem like a responsible company in the way they manufacture clothing. Lastly, if you must buy Diesel I highly recommend buying it from eBay (if you are observant enough to tell the fakes from the authentic stuff), because of the flood of fakes you can often get expensive jackets and button down shirts at dirt cheap prices. I hope this helps.

Push it to pop it!

Yes i recently went into a levis store and i must admit the jeans looked alright

American apparel. My brother loves that store because there aren't any logos. The quality, however, is questionable. He bought a hoodie which lasted only a few months until the seams were noticably ripped in several places. The store did, however, allow him to return it and get something new.

So i bought him a hoodie from Diesel as a replacement... still in excellent condition...

23-07-2006
etre soi-meme

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinleaddict

first of all you dont need luxury clothing, just buy what you like..

my alternatives to Diesel, is Marithe Francois Girbaud for 'design' & Levis for both basic and edgy jeans, love their enginered line .

the problem with Diesel is that they 'won' the communication game but they lost their edge design wise, their collections seem somehow 'safe' and boring, they just dont 'risk' enough anymore .

23-07-2006
front row

i think you can gleam a great piece or two, but an entire wardrobe of diesel would be a tragedy. i have one sweater from there that i just love and a few other things i regret ever purchasing.

http://threerepute.blogspot.com
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
diesel