How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-12-2005
trendsetter

Diesel.
(I did a search but couldn't find any dedicated threads about the brand, but then agian, I didn't get far, my PC keeps freezing up on me so sorry if it's already been discussed)

www.diesel.com

What do you all think of it? Good? Bad?

I personally love it, and the prices are awesome, considering it's Italian made. I have a winter toque (gift from my grandma), and the Plus Plus cologne, and I'm getting a pair of Zathan 772s pretty soon. Tees retail for $40-$50, button up shirts for about $70, and leather jackets for about $400. Jeans go anywhere from $170-$300 depending on the style. For a 15 year old kid who's tired of shopping at the gap, and then later finding that at least 5 or 6 people have the same shirt as you, Diesel is a much better option, and it's not sweatshop!

14-12-2005
rising star

I touch only their Kratt and Zathan jeans, and perhaps some of their casual jackets and accessories, that's about it.

too many trendy metrosexual wannabes messing with diesel to respect it.

However Diesel Style Lab was pretty good, and Diesel Denim Gallery make some awesome jeans.

15-12-2005
G86
front row

i like their T-shirts and jeans .. and some of the jakets.. they have alot of fun and different peices for young people. i don't know why so many people here hate diesel.

15-12-2005
windowshopping

I love Diesel. They have really good jeans...

Their shop window in the city where I live now (Belgrade, Serbia and Montenegro) was choosen for the best one in 2005.

15-12-2005
front row

I like their jeans,jackets and boots, they're always the ultimate in cool. Some of their shoes seemed to violate the rules of shoecraft, but still quite funky and edgy.

15-12-2005
fashion icon

their jackets are as cool as they come....i remember lusting over one....it rendered me pathetic.... but other than that ...

15-12-2005
taz
MUSE

I love thier watches & its quality...

15-12-2005
JEM
rising star

Diesel jeans are fantastic! But their collections are sometimes getting a bit too.."rough" if you know what i mean. Sometimes it is just a bit too much..

V.I.P.

I like diesel...they've got some great ideas...
And they have their own style...they don't really follow any trends...and thats very unique now.

15-12-2005
front row

Isn't Diesel just like the new Gap (without any decent basics)?

--The quality is shotty, at best. (I've at least 5 pairs that have all ripped in the crotch.)
--Their designs are not original. (you can spot em from 2 blocks away)
--Their shoes and bags aren't even worth mentioning. (Crap I just mentioned them.)
--And every Guido from South Jersey to Long Island is certainly going to be wearing their new Zathans that they just picked up at TJ Max to the friday night party at some atrocious club like Aer. (I can say this, because my best friend is a Guido.)

This is all coming from someone who wore Diesel jeans exclusively for over 5 years. (I was under contract.)

Diesel in my mind was the starbucks of Jeans, they were the ones that thought tripling the prices would cause a greater demand, and it worked.
They were in my mind a trailblazer. Bravo!

However, with the complete oversaturation of the denim market, you can find a handful, if not dozens, of other jeans with better quality denim, unique fits, details, etc... I've given all of my Diesels away to good will because you wouldnt catch me dead in em I tell you.

Also, their watches are made by the same company that makes watches for fossil, Emp. Armani, etc... basically, one company makes branded watches for several stores. That is not to say the quality is not good, but it is not a watch. It is just jewelry.

I don't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers, just my opinion.

Diesels dead baby diesels dead...(or at least its played)...

15-12-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Also, their watches are made by the same company that makes watches for fossil, Emp. Armani, etc... basically, one company makes branded watches for several stores. That is not to say the quality is not good, but it is not a watch. It is just jewelry.
And half the worlds designer shades are made by Safilo, the other by half Luxottica.

http://www.safilo.com/home.php?v=inter
http://www.luxottica.com/english/pro...liomarchi.html

15-12-2005
rui
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleazie ninja
Isn't Diesel just like the new Gap (without any decent basics)?

--The quality is shotty, at best. (I've at least 5 pairs that have all ripped in the crotch.)
--Their designs are not original. (you can spot em from 2 blocks away)
--Their shoes and bags aren't even worth mentioning. (Crap I just mentioned them.)
--And every Guido from South Jersey to Long Island is certainly going to be wearing their new Zathans that they just picked up at TJ Max to the friday night party at some atrocious club like Aer. (I can say this, because my best friend is a Guido.)

This is all coming from someone who wore Diesel jeans exclusively for over 5 years. (I was under contract.)

Diesel in my mind was the starbucks of Jeans, they were the ones that thought tripling the prices would cause a greater demand, and it worked.
They were in my mind a trailblazer. Bravo!

However, with the complete oversaturation of the denim market, you can find a handful, if not dozens, of other jeans with better quality denim, unique fits, details, etc... I've given all of my Diesels away to good will because you wouldnt catch me dead in em I tell you.

I don't mean to ruffle anyone's feathers, just my opinion.

Diesels dead baby diesels dead...(or at least its played)...

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KUDOS TO THE NINJA!!! i couldnt of said it any better

15-12-2005
rising star

People hate on designs mainly because its emabraced too much by the striped-shirt, distressed-jeans wearing wannabe.

Well that's the way I see it.

Although this season's diesel looks much better than past years. Also most diesel jeans are shoddy, and tend to end in bargain stores, but the Diesel Denim Gallery line (there's one boutique in New York I believe) makes some really beautiful denim.

a lot like G-star, some of their jeans and jackets are ace, but the rest is pretty blah.

15-12-2005
Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

I love Diesel as well! BTW...does anyone know of any upcoming Diesel sample sales? Thanks in advance!

15-12-2005
Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

I love Diesel as well! BTW...does anyone know of any upcoming Diesel sample sales? Thanks in advance!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
diesel