How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-06-2008
trendsetter

The hollowed-out leather jacket is amazing . I like the ripped idea ! But Please don't use that weird pink or golden , which is kinda cheap .

29-06-2008
Stitch:the Hand

i feel like spike....i feel,much of the utter horror of it is that it is so incredibly disingenuine. last season was him and it was far better than this. and i have defended him so much when so many were so aghast by the sight of his work. but i simply cannot abide this. it's a sham....a ploy attempt at trying garner back old clientele and a fanbase that's been ever-so critical. it's just sad.

29-06-2008
V.I.P.

this is dior homme , firstly im fed up of the skinny suit , after hedi left its like im seeing hideous versions of it and this is case and point . This is horrible , with that trashy 80s shiny lycra American Apparel look to it , and those high top sneekers should stay in 1991. Pathetic collection , very uninspired and cheap and people are already wearing stuff like this , sadly.

29-06-2008
windowshopping

The problem is that Van Asche was praised too soon and overhyped. He is just a mediocre designer and very one dimensional. He only does one thing really, over and over. I wore some of his namesake clothing when he first became hyped in the U.S. and I was not impressed. On paper it looks good. The feel and cut of the clothing felt cheap in a strange way, almost bland. I think the main problem is that he's not in touch with the medium, fabric, which is the most important part. Maybe he should do other design such as industrial.

29-06-2008
rising star

I don't care how the texture, detail or anything is. I just cannot believe some major house is still making these tedious style. Can't we move on? sick and tired.

29-06-2008
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco54 View Post
this is dior homme , firstly im fed up of the skinny suit , after hedi left its like im seeing hideous versions of it and this is case and point . This is horrible , with that trashy 80s shiny lycra American Apparel look to it , and those high top sneekers should stay in 1991. Pathetic collection , very uninspired and cheap and people are already wearing stuff like this , sadly.
exactly..

29-06-2008
front row

omg a hipster's paradise

29-06-2008
backstage pass

Accesories are amazing but I'm 50/50 with this collection. It's ok and wearable but doesn't reflect Kris' aesthetics...Nothing special or new...

OOOGLEEE Gold Pants...

rising star

June 29, 2008On their way to the gardens of the Paris Observatory, where Kris Van Assche presented his latest Dior Homme collection, guests passed antique telescopes and old photos of the moon, reminders that man's reach has exceeded his grasp from the moment he first stood upright. So perhaps it was appropriate that the show itself offered another such reminder. The soundtrack provided by Justice had a stop-start quality that could have been interpreted as a metaphor for larger issues—like the way that Van Assche's creativity ebbs and flows in such a random manner. You can sense the ideas trying to get out, but something happens between brain and hand.So the attempt to give the lean silhouette a little volume interest by inflating the backs of jackets went awry because the results were so leaden. (The multi-pleats of a cobalt blue jacket looked like the curtain covering the screen at the old Rialto.) The cutouts in a white cotton shirt and a black leather jacket might have been construed as a new lace if they weren't so simplistic. And the Zsa Zsa zing of the giant stones that studded gold sequined jeans was simply a bling too far. The overwhelming impression was that Van Assche was simply trying too hard. Even the glasses the models wore were overwrought. The solution is obvious: Take a deep breath and relax.— Tim Blanks

29-06-2008
fashion insider

I'm going to be one of the few who think that this collection isn't the horror - the slasher touch, though gimmicky, showcases a level of craft in execution that would be difficult to imitate and is surprisingly original conceptually. The laser cut-out is pretty amazing as well. The showing of skin these 2 ways is also darn sexy. The emroidered jacket fabric is simply beautiful. I hate all the other "Gucci" stuff, the shiny blue and gold fabric, the glasses, but the looks that are good are better than his previous DH efforts. If he had edited this collection and focused more on the 3 details, making them better and worked harder on the right cut and tailoring (he's great in both, no doubt asbout it), he could have carried it off. I quite like this, one of the few here!

29-06-2008
fashion icon

Wow, KVA has sucessfully turned the clock back 10 years and has brought Christian Dior Menswear back to the banal and trite dross Hedi was hired to fix.

I usually try to give some intelligent points before I trash a collection, but these are some pretty f***ing dumb clothes.

29-06-2008
fashion elite

I actually quite like this collection compared to the other dreadful collections.

Nothing new but I like it.

30-06-2008
Amour Comme Hiver

I like it.

It's like Mark Ronson and Kanye West dressed Justin Timberlake... and somehow Dolly Parton's best bedazzler got thrown into the mix on a pair of hideous golden pants.

30-06-2008
V.I.P.

thanks for HQ

30-06-2008
V.I.P.

i like the accessories, and i love the tailoring

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
09, dior, homme, paris, s or s