How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-06-2008
fashion icon

I see improvement with this collection, it's definitely better than last season. I just hope he will improve more and more next season.

30-06-2008
V.I.P.

i don't hate this (those shirts and that leather jacket = ), but i was hoping for a new direction. away away away from the Hedi look, on to the old Monsieur Dior.

now it went from indie rock fan boy to hipster.

i'm so over Hedi.

30-06-2008
rising star

Here and there there's a few pieces that are realy great designs for the Dior Homme label but generally we still see way too much Kris Van Assche and not enough Dior. I can follow the idea that on some levels it is a bit like Raf Simons, those flashy blue, pink and orange colours are so NOT Dior.

30-06-2008
backstage pass

At least those shades are interesting

Geometric Discharge

Oh... it's ugly

30-06-2008
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish View Post
I like the sunglasses but Kris = cheap, Hedi = high fashion

I think you all people overreact...

He did finish Antwerpen! And Belgium desing is bit different

p.s. yes, Hedi did a great job but it got boring, so I wouldn't like him getting back ...

Last edited by mix_NS; 30-06-2008 at 03:02 PM.
30-06-2008
V.I.P.

i dont like the cut outs and the goldness .. and those glasses are vile .. im sorry im still having a post Hedi come down

30-06-2008
scenester

Minus a few pieces, I'm petrified. To the point that I know this collection can't grow on me. I want Hedi back

30-06-2008
tfs star

Bring back Hedi!

it's a hard-knock life.

What a horrible collection...

01-07-2008
backstage pass

I love the sunglasses...but the clothes.....really...really...disappointed

scenester

i forgive him for his previous sins, this is miles ahead of whats hes been doing. saving his ****ty aesthetic for his own line and doing it right for dh. bravo

01-07-2008
trendsetter

What is so horrible about this collection? I have a feeling that no matter what he showed, people would still hate it; they hated before even seeing his first collection for DH.

As for bringing Hedi back, I hope it doesn't happen.

05-07-2008
DÔMMkammern

^^i liked his first collection and i thought that like any new designer before (as YSL, galliano or hedi, or unlike ferre) he was trying to radically change the direction of the label.
going back to hedi's style last fall was a sign of weakness in my opinion. as i've exposed in other threads, i think that KVA is too young to have fully developed his true style and façon de faire. and you can try to find it while you are working for your house or someone else's, but never directing two houses at a time. he is not hedi, so he shouldnt try to do anything close to hedi (facchinetti is not valentino, and i see no intention at all to do a blatant copy of his work... she is evolving, and she is respecting it)

hedi back at dior.... another bad idea. i am 300% for doing his own line (for men and women), but once he was out, i wouldnt see the point in going back if it's not to bring something totally different from what we've already seen (and as i still want to see similar stuff to what he was doing at dior, i'd rather see it under his own name)

DIOR NEEDS SOMEONE NEW! PLEASE BRING SOMEONE REALLY NEW! SOMEONE WE HAVENT HEARD OF! SOME TOTAL NEW-B OUT OF AN AMBERES ATELIER! SOME JAPANESE SCULPTOR THAT CAN SHAKE OUR HEADS SEASON AFTER SEASON! (or maybe a theFashionSpoter that would read our posts and make made-to-measure collections for us wishful thinking!)

tfs star

Dior as a company was never interested in letting a change in direction happen - at least not in terms of changing the commercial Dior Homme formular that Hedi helped establish - the suit, the jeans, the peacoat and last but not least... the accessories - all of what one can find in a Dior Homme shop these days is basically just an update on Hedi's classics, often in the same sort of fabrics he would have chosen or that have previously been done in the collection.

It just doesn't work, though, to keep a success story going without believable, new input - I don't think any former Dior customer was convinced to pick up a pair of Kris Van Assche's MC Hammer pants or blown-up blouson shapes from this season.

That being said, I find none of this season's offerings - such as the jewel-adorned jeans, suit jackets with cut-out details or bright coloured leather jackets to be in any way relevant in terms of design.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
09, dior, homme, paris, s or s