How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-11-2012
V.I.P.

DKNY Pre-Fall 2013
Quote:
“Sand to sidewalk” is how DKNY’s pre-fall lineup was described in the press notes, and those hues — mostly black, white, stone and cement — underscored the versatility of these clothes. Continuing a move into more cleaned-up silhouettes, eyelet was rendered with activewear touches via cut, seaming and piping, while architectural colorblocking played with the idea of illusion. Meanwhile, graphic stripes — from engineered to parasol-style — appeared on several looks, including a cool tank dresses.
(Click for HQ!)

wwd.com

27-11-2012
fashion elite

I can't believe, this is Marc + Altuzarra and Alexander Wang. LOL

V.I.P.

Those shoes are awful and they distract from the otherwise pretty cool looks. Outfits #1, 3 and 5 look great. I like the direction DKNY has been taking, they're one of the strongest New York designer brands to me at the moment because their collections are wearable, young but never too trendy. With the exception of the tacky footwear here, of course. But I agree with the article that those pieces are extremely versatile, I could imagine incorporating all of them into my everyday outfits somehow. I quite like it.

27-11-2012
fashion icon

The Gladiator boots again umm very big trend.

28-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
by Emily Holt

Donna Karan’s cabana stripes are more like racing stripes. And are you surprised? With her main collection and DKNY, Karan is the architect of a fast-paced, distinctly urban aesthetic. So even if she does appreciate the white sands of Parrot Cay, lolling around underneath an umbrella doesn’t seem her style. She’s much more likely to be practicing yoga, enlightening friends on the benefits of meditation or strategizing ways to better the community.

You see, Donna is a doer and nearly everything she’s created reflects that. So although her pre-fall collection for DKNY is partially inspired by the beach, these are still clothes for women on the move. Consider a gray-and-black striped T-shirt dress. Not only is it an archetype of effortlessness, but the fabric and silhouette also keep it low-key for a summer day while the ruching on the skirt amp up the sophistication for city life. There were also several trompe l’oeil dresses designed to look like T-shirts with eyelet skirts. (Karan used two eyelets in this collection, one a bit more floral and one more geometric, almost like a city skyline.) Perhaps unsurprisingly the palette was black, white, and gray with color-blocking and layering techniques for variation. The bright spot, however, is the grown-up approach to ease with oversize ecru blazers, cotton-stretch suits, and practical but feminine sundresses that can, as Karan aims, go from sand to street. As for the ubiquitous sleek stripes throughout, they’re done with military precision. And perhaps that’s the point. Karan points out in her notes, “New Yorkers earn their stripes.” She certainly has.
(Click for HQ!)

vogue.com

28-11-2012
fashion insider

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay chic- surprised that i like it this much. go DKNY!

28-11-2012
fashion icon

Looks like DKNY is getting its groove back. Hope they keep this direction, they should have been looking to Alex Wang a lot sooner...

28-11-2012
V.I.P.

Loving the striped tunic the most. I can think of so many ways I could style it. Oh god, another heeled sneaker in another DKNY collection. They just won't go away.

V.I.P.

style.com

13-12-2012
V.I.P.

style.com

13-12-2012
V.I.P.

style.com

13-12-2012
V.I.P.

style.com

13-12-2012
fashion insider

The first few looks are giving me prison fierceness.

backstage pass

^

Those shoes look like leg braces but I'm kinda loving them. :p

V.I.P.

Nice collection; I stripes. But not those shoes...

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, dkny, prefall