How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-01-2013
V.I.P.

Dolce & Gabbana Mens F/W 13.14 Milan

-my screenshot from dolcegabbana.com

12-01-2013
V.I.P.

D&G is officially out of my calendar.

backstage pass

Okay, so the reason why I'm in this thread leaving a comment isn't the collection. I think everyone at TFS already knows my opinion on their super boring and repetitive collections season after season, and this one was no exception. Let's do flowers, and perhaps print some Holy Mary and husband Joseph and Jesus.. and why not their neighbors in Jerusalem?
What I want to point out is how offensive this, and the previous menswear show is to professional male models. They use professional female models in the womenswear shows because they know that no lady off the street can strut down the runway in heels. But this is like a slap in the face for the male models because it basically says - who needs you, we can get Sicilian village men who can do your job, still have a show and we get to pay them almost nothing. How unfair is that? I personally find it extremely rude and offensive, and it definitely leads to a sex discrimination in fashion, as if professional male models don't matter.

backstage pass

It was soooo hilarious !!!! "Models" was walking like they had just pooped in pants. And those bells in the and.... why they haven't invited Pope ?

12-01-2013
V.I.P.

They have become a joke. It's truly sad- no not sad, tragic- to see what such a prestigious and once talented fashion house has become. I mean what in the hell happened?

Can someone tell me if these collections sell really well for them? I'm curious. There's no other way to explain such a tragedy.

12-01-2013
Some Like It Hot

I don't even think any of us need to comment on this, it was a farce of a collection, recycling the same ideas season after season and not even in a good way, the runway was boring which matched perfectly with the collection itself, I did like the Velvet pants but that was about it.

I think they should try working with a new stylist if I'm honest... because some of their best collections were designed under Charlotte Stockdale and the really sh*tty collections seem to have been happening under Tabitha Simmons.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfinkova View Post
They have become a joke. It's truly sad- no not sad, tragic- to see what such a prestigious and once talented fashion house has become. I mean what in the hell happened?

Can someone tell me if these collections sell really well for them? I'm curious. There's no other way to explain such a tragedy.
I read somewhere that they now have financial freedom. and i believe because they done this Sicilian couture, and they still doing those sicilian collection with 60 models. But i can't image who buy theyrs clothes....

12-01-2013
fashion insider

I don't understand this, have they not learned yet? D&G is shut down and they still continue with the Sicilian cr!p. How stubborn can one get?

12-01-2013
V.I.P.

They failed to impress again...

12-01-2013
rising star

V.I.P.

Just LOL.

12-01-2013
tfs star

Am so sad with this..i want the menswear back like the old time...

12-01-2013
V.I.P.

How can a brand of this caliber launch a collection like this?

fashion insider

a friend texted me while he was at the show and told me to rush online to see the worst collection in D&G history.....Can it really be that bad??? Last season was horrible but I pulled several pieces from that collection and they actually looked amazing out of the show context and on a REAL model (not some little boy speeding down the runway)

Well we must always have comedy amongst all the dramas

12-01-2013
fashion insider

Just saw the collection on nowfashion, it wasn't soo bad.

these were some of my favorites!

nowfashion

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1314, dolce, f or w, gabbana, mens, milan