How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-06-2013
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchHomme View Post
those guys dont look like models at all
they're not. they once again took people from the street in sicily.

i guess this is slightly better than last season, but - i might be biased, of course - i still hate this idea of 'italianity' they keep on forcing into the world, that's so far from reality / modern italian elegance as could be. i guess they have their own market but i still hate it. Thank god for miuccia, armani, and now pilati to represent what italian elegance is all about.
And by the way, this look made me literally laugh out loud.

22-06-2013
fashion elite

indeed it's much more versatile than previous few collections, those three shiny suits are fabulous even they don't quite blend in.

22-06-2013
V.I.P.

the prints are okay but, i suppose this look they do for menswear will never appeal to me

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypnos View Post
Mmmm, ancient temple prints? Prada did them much more interestingly years ago; maybe they'll find some fresh inspiration in jail
Wow girl, boy or whatever you are that's not something you should mock of and it brings nothing positive to the discussion and I can't see your point.

fashion icon

I quite the prints this season, it's more mature. I expected colors from them but seeing this is beautiful collection.

22-06-2013
fashion insider

Okay Sicily again...but some pieces are gorgeous! Esp the gold suit, red suit and the printed pieces. Not feeling about the models tho, please bring the D&G hunks back

22-06-2013
fashion elite

Good god this sh*t is ugly. It's almost like they're trying to pull a joke on us.

22-06-2013
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradable View Post
Wow girl, boy or whatever you are that's not something you should mock of and it brings nothing positive to the discussion and I can't see your point.
My actual comment was that Prada had a much more interesting take on using ancient temple ruins as a print idea several years ago, which again reconfirms my belief that they are not especially original or innovative designers.

My other point was very topical; they've been convicted of defrauding the Italian government of millions of euros & have been sentenced to 18 months in prison (where, they have might time to come up with some less repetitive fashion ideas)

Perhaps spare your pity for the multi-millionaire fraudsters & consider the many millions of law-abiding tax paying Italian citizens, who like most of the world right now could use these stolen millions to help regenerate resource-starved vital public services like schools & hospitals. I hope you can see my point now?

22-06-2013
tfs star

Okay, the collection is still like the previous themes, and now i can imagine what's the campaign looks like... err..

22-06-2013
backstage pass

The models are the only saving grace in another otherwise predictable collection of theirs. They're very smart to make an effort to stand out with the casting: Now whenever I see that timeless, classical, Roman-Greco face I will instantly associate it with Dolce. Very refreshing to see handsome, sexy and unique men who aren't of the typical model standards: These guys look like they walked right out of a gladiator arena or a Pompeii fresco. I love it and prefer men who look like this any day to the typical model look. It's the only redeeming aspect of a Dolce show for me. The clothes look typically well-made of course, and typically forgettable.

Quote:
Perhaps spare your pity for the multi-millionaire fraudsters & consider the many millions of law-abiding tax paying Italian citizens, who like most of the world right now could use these stolen millions to help regenerate resource-starved vital public services like schools & hospitals. I hope you can see my point now?
And I agree completely hypnos: I have no sympathy for muti-millionaires who chose to defraud the system. What they did, is a true mockery in the face of every Italian law-abiding individual. Of course they won't do any actual time, but they deserve to be mocked at every turn-- even if it's in bad taste to do so. Arrogance should never be rewarded.

Last edited by Phuel; 22-06-2013 at 12:25 PM.
22-06-2013
V.I.P.

22-06-2013
tfs star

Less festive, more tailored!
Great collection!
The white looks are really good!

22-06-2013
V.I.P.

Sicily again...

princesssnejana.tumblr.com

why do I even bother coming in this thread? Ngl, I'm hoping prison helps them see the light and they'll come back in SS16 sending the men in striped and orange undies
The only interesting thing in this collection was the naked man running at the beginning of the livestream. lol

V.I.P.

Quote:
Mmmm, ancient temple prints? Prada did them much more interestingly years ago; maybe they'll find some fresh inspiration in jail

Quote:

Amen

22-06-2013
V.I.P.

..... so predictable ....
this "italian-folklore-subject-pattern" bores me immense

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2014, dolce, gabbana, mens, milan, s or s