How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-09-2008
V.I.P.

Wow, one of their best so far....... Love all the intricate detailing.

25-09-2008
V.I.P.

the shoes are horrible, and im not that impressed by the collection either.

V.I.P.

the outfit with the dog is so boring and dead. I like the flower dresses though...

25-09-2008
backstage pass

I like it. But looks alot with Vuitton.

25-09-2008
trendsetter

Full show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1X85Ins6aZw

DŌMMkammern

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVeed View Post
I don't see a problem with them doing new things. How are they supposed to grow as designers if they don't? Re-hash the same crap year after year? Come on...
oh, dont get me wrong
i love designers who reinvent THEMSELVES, but above all i feel that whatever new elements they introduce, they should always feel new and fresh and be able to bring new ideas with ease... stuff that you clearly see it's on their DNA
to me this brand had always represented this "i-dont-give-a-fcuk" lifestyle of luxurious clothes that were easily worn to... i dont know... a nasty party in Porto Cervo, a bottle of krug in one hand, a cigarette in the other, or the perfectly fitted power suit for an ambitious business woman with savage leopard lining inside, or maybe in a lavish shopping day in Corvara in the middle of the winter.
i am sure this sort of clientele still exists. the same people that would dress in cavalli, if he was still able to deliver decent clothes and shut his mouth from saying the awful things he's been quoted for... or even better, in gianni versace original designs (if the genius still lived)
what i dont like about their latest collections is that i just can't picture a random gisele bundchen in a satin animal print dress that shows off her magnificent body and her killer legs getting out of her limo and instantly being surrounded by photographers et al... and what's worse is that the reason why i cant see that is because i dont understand how the hell is she supposed to get inside the freacking limo with this bony structured larger than life dresses!!!

fashion elite

I actually really like this!
The gowns at the end are gorgeous.

25-09-2008
Fat Karl

That dress on Suvi is PAINFULLY Lacroix.

As far as the rest of the collection goes...I'm not sure.

But all I know right now is that I HATE the soundtrack. Dolce & Gabbana always have the most obnoxious soundtracks ever (except for SS/ FW 06...I kind of liked those!).

Last edited by dior_couture1245; 25-09-2008 at 10:51 AM.
25-09-2008
backstage pass

Hmmmmmmm the last few dresses looks beautiful :p

But this feels a mix of McQueen & Vuitton to me

V.I.P.

i like it! i love the flower dress on Snejana (she is getting some really pretty things to wear this season!!)

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjacapella View Post
oh, dont get me wrong
i love designers who reinvent THEMSELVES, but above all i feel that whatever new elements they introduce, they should always feel new and fresh and be able to bring new ideas with ease... stuff that you clearly see it's on their DNA
to me this brand had always represented this "i-dont-give-a-fcuk" lifestyle of luxurious clothes that were easily worn to... i dont know... a nasty party in Porto Cervo, a bottle of krug in one hand, a cigarette in the other, or the perfectly fitted power suit for an ambitious business woman with savage leopard lining inside, or maybe in a lavish shopping day in Corvara in the middle of the winter.
i am sure this sort of clientele still exists. the same people that would dress in cavalli, if he was still able to deliver decent clothes and shut his mouth from saying the awful things he's been quoted for... or even better, in gianni versace original designs (if the genius still lived)
what i dont like about their latest collections is that i just can't picture a random gisele bundchen in a satin animal print dress that shows off her magnificent body and her killer legs getting out of her limo and instantly being surrounded by photographers et al... and what's worse is that the reason why i cant see that is because i dont understand how the hell is she supposed to get inside the freacking limo with this bony structured larger than life dresses!!!
you just said everything that went on in my head...

25-09-2008
she's got the look

For me, this is so Marni... I don't like this collection so much. I was expecting more sexiness.
To tell the truth, the shoes are horrible and the clothes are so repetitive
I only liked the black dress on Maryna and the white on Jessica. Actually the bags are nice.
I liked the soundtrack, what's the name of this song ? Who sings it ?

V.I.P.

I see dead-on Lacroix and Galliano.

But satisfaction brought it back
25-09-2008
V.I.P.

the bold necklaces are so glamerous, it reminds me of balenciaga last season...

25-09-2008
tfs star

The dresses are so gorgeous, especially the detailing. Although some pieces look like pyjamas, I'm in love with the bags and belts. The shoes on the other hand...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
09, dolce, gabbana, milan, s or s