Dries Van Noten F/W 2018.19. Paris - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-02-2018
fashion icon

Something is off about this collection. A lot of great pieces but as a whole, something is missing.
Dries has been very hits/misses lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal View Post
What is the point of making huge collections like this one? Its obvious he wont sell everything.
Dries doesnít do precollections and this collection will have a long life in the stores. Thatís why his shows have a lot of looks.

But he will sell or at least produce everything.

28-02-2018
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidee View Post
Dries is usually a show (menswear and womenswear tbh) where I want everything and this is no exception. He knows how to do eclecticism but in the most refined way.
exactly!
This is eclectic, colorful, playful, eccentric even but at the same time it's extremely elegant and refined... Every look works, this is the sign of an actual designer vs someone who entered a thrift shop blindfolded, threw some clothes together and called it a day.

28-02-2018
V.I.P.

the show itself is just wonderful as always he is a true master. so much emotion, feeling, heart and soul. love it so much.

V.I.P.

For me it's clearly his best show in a while now. Yes Dries! The elements are typical to a lot of his recent output but this time everything comes together fantastically. The austere flower/feather prints look great on the black looks at the beginning and then towards the middle on stark white. Amazing outerwear and best use of feathers (better?) since Prada S/S 2017, really a lot to digest here.

28-02-2018
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola701 View Post
Something is off about this collection. A lot of great pieces but as a whole, something is missing.
Dries has been very hits/misses lately.
Agree, he has regressed in recent years. Still super lovely work and better than most, but not as magical as his streak a few years back.

03-03-2018
V.I.P.

A sophisticated vibe. Makes me want cocktails in the afternoon.

Fashion: Donít you recognize me? Death: You should know that I donít see very well and I canít wear glasses. Fashion: Iím Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, ďDialogue Between Fashion and Death.Ēabridged
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dries, f or w, noten, paris, van