How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-07-2011
fashion insider

there's something very icy about this collection; i love it. very winter wonderland-esque.

06-07-2011
V.I.P.

omg, this is amazing!!!!! how wonderful!!

06-07-2011
fashion icon

To be frank it is pretty much familiar with every season but still captivating and beautiful.

06-07-2011
fashion elite

The Blue long gown on Mirte is amazing, the whole collection is, even though it's more of the same, the use of colour, in fact the blue makes the clothes and collection look a little bit more youthful & i think (well we've seen in previous seasons ayway) takes a little bit of the conservative of the brand, with a define colour scheme. Love it Love it Love it !

fashion elite

Repetitive as always but it works, and yup he can make any woman feel glamorous and beautiful with his creations so one can't really hold anything against him. All the pieces look very light and have great movement even though they are embellished like no other.

06-07-2011
V.I.P.

Repetitive or not, love the gowns! So delicate and etheral

06-07-2011
clo
V.I.P.

What a really beautiful collection! I think any woman would love to wear one of these dresses. As for the comparison with Chanel, the whole collection was a disaster!

06-07-2011
fashion insider

All Elie Saab HC collections are the same for me but anyway very beautiful. Soft colors, rich details. It looks very chic but seems to me very boring to see again and again similar collections.

06-07-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZFashionBlog View Post
Totally agree.

Saab makes pretty dresses, but he's never innovative in the shapes or use of materials..etc.

In other words, he plays it safe and it seems to work for everybody every time..
He creates simple silhouettes and literally replaces them with a slightly different color, slightly different fabric, slightly different beading, slightly different layering. It's almost as if it's just slightly different variations of the same dress.

I love the icy-cold theme of the show, moreso in the opening. But in all honesty, I don't see a solid vision or ownership...just nice, beautiful, and incredibly forgettable evening dresses....

06-07-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by khyrk View Post
Same old same old, but this works for Elie Saab and his clientele will love this as always.
Wholeheartedly agreed.

front row

when you see a great number of these beautiful Elie Saab's dress it becomes common and the fascination disappears. All the dresses have the same 'wow' factor, I constantly ask myself - what's next?
All the designer's collections have lost its magic because there aren't 'one in a million' dresses anymore. Sadly.

fashion elite

I love it, perfection!!

06-07-2011
scenester

Quote:
when you see a great number of these beautiful Elie Saab's dress it becomes common and the fascination disappears. All the dresses have the same 'wow' factor, I constantly ask myself - what's next?
ITA. The dresses are really beautiful, but there are way too many of them. If you're going to do the same thing year after year, edit your show. We've seen all of these before, it just lowers the impact of each one when you have an endless parade. And it's not necessary in couture. They're custom dresses. If the customer wants a different neckline, she'll ask.

Having said that, love the blues, both the icy tones at the start and the bright rich blue towards the end.

06-07-2011
trendsetter

Beautiful, love it. Absolutely stunning.

06-07-2011
front row

I can see Taylor Swift wearing every one of these dresses.

Tags
1112, couture, elie, f or w, haute, paris, saab