How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-06-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphide View Post
It's ironic that you say "what does that even mean" because your own points are more than a little hazy.

From what I can see though, you are forgetting that we are talking about two entirely different labels, with two different brands, identities and target demographics. Yes, they both have MKA behind them, but MKA are doubling their market share by targeting different demographics with different amounts of money to spend. The Row doesn't suffer because its branding strategy is separate.

agree with you 100%.

both very different lines.. The Marc Jacobs women wouldnt really wear Marc by Marc.. D&G versus Dolce & Gabbana..

13-06-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjacapella View Post
miu miu and prada are different brands, but even with the house's experience, quality, bla,bla,bla... i still think it damaged what, to that point, i thought of prada
ever since, i jsut see miu miu as a watered down version of the creative process behind prada, that produces daring-it-bags and shoes with very similar prize tags.
considering that the row is less-than-a-year old, this could really ruin it... it will certainly sell a lot to people who could not buy the row but, think about it this way:
imagine what could happen if galliano created a laber called "whatevername" to produce cheaper outfits that would look like his couture collections!
even though it's not the same brand, if the designer is the same, the style, the tase is the same. there will be similarities, just like you find them in miu miu and prada, or even between chanel and lagerfeld gallery, fendi...
i dont see how it would ruin anything... and i dont agree with what your saying about Miu Miu.. at times i think Miu Miu looks better then Prada, in my opinion.

13-06-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borjacapella View Post
what does that that even mean? that hermes should start selling plastic BirkinS jsut because you cant afford one?

13-06-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanROYALTY View Post
agree with you 100%.

both very different lines.. The Marc Jacobs women wouldnt really wear Marc by Marc.. D&G versus Dolce & Gabbana..
I completely disagree. The more affordable lines aren't made purely to be 'cheap' and they definitely don't sacrifice style for that purpose.

I think it comes down to wearability. A woman who goes out to a gala or premiere might wear Dolce & Gabbana - something very extravagant. And that same woman would wear D&G when she goes shopping or to the beach.

It's entirely ridiculous to say that "the marc jacobs women wouldnt really wear Marc by Marc" - its made by the same designer and it has the same aesthetic behind it!

14-06-2007
V.I.P.

^ I completly agree. I have both marc jacobs and marc by marc

14-06-2007
trendsetter

Completely agree Kuba!... I buy Marc as well as M by MJ, they both have the same feel.

Also.. I am in Milan every summer, my family has a house there and I know friends that buy Dolce as well AS D&G!

14-06-2007
front row

in my own person experience in sales lets say at Dolce & Gabbana, 80% of the girls who wear Dolce would not wear D&G.. they would LAUGH at the line every season.. they would call it a Joke LOL.. and i would agree with them.. i never said that secondary lines are "cheap" at all.. even in the company i work for now.. the secondary line is a completely different vision from the main line.. they dont usually sell to the same person, and it hangs in the same store.

14-06-2007
front row

Originally Posted by borjacapella
what does that that even mean? that hermes should start selling plastic BirkinS jsut because you cant afford one?

im sure your not throwing that comment directly to me? even reading some messages posted on your page i see you have a hott mouth on you.. i dont play those games.

08-07-2007
DÔMMkammern

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanROYALTY View Post

im sure your not throwing that comment directly to me? even reading some messages posted on your page i see you have a hott mouth on you.. i dont play those games.
I'd rather not respond to That since I really dont think i am the one with the "hot mouth" here (we both have clearly and extensively read each other messages, and not only in this thread, haven't we?)
In case you want to go on with this discussion, which i am clearly not willing to do, you can PM me anytime and i'll be glad to write back. Lets not disturb the other members with pointless arguments about eachother's manners, please.

V.I.P.

I'm sure its been said but i dont feel like looking...but how much will these clothes cost and where will they be sold??

02-08-2007
trendsetter

any new pictures or news or updates?

06-08-2007
V.I.P.

theres a small feature on the line in the september issue of teen vogue. they show a fabulous short leopard fur-looking jacket. a pair of 275$ jeans and the sequin dress. the feature didnt say how much the sequin dress would be.

i think $275 for elizabeth and james jeans is too much.

06-08-2007
Ère de ℳodernité

^ I don't think that's too much.. Superfine jeans are $295 so ...

V.I.P.

yes, but for that amount of money i could buy a garment from a much more prestigious brand and something that isnt made in china.

06-08-2007
backstage pass

can anyone post the teen vogue feature please?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ashley, elizabeth, james, marykate, olsen