How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-08-2007
Ère de ℳodernité

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
yes, but for that amount of money i could buy a garment from a much more prestigious brand and something that isnt made in china.
sure

07-08-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
yes, but for that amount of money i could buy a garment from a much more prestigious brand and something that isnt made in china.
Amen!

front row

it allll comes from China. i dont care what the label says. as long as 1 stitch or button is put on a garment in italy, they can put made in italy.. even tho it was prob made in the dominican republic. so dont knock on china too much LOL cause ur probably wearing something made there and u dont even know it

07-08-2007
fashion insider

I haven't found any jeans not made in china yet...

08-08-2007
fashion icon

^Citizens are made in U.S.A., for starters.

front row

It doesnt mean they dont get the buttons, zippers.. etc etc from over seas.

08-08-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanROYALTY View Post
it allll comes from China. i dont care what the label says. as long as 1 stitch or button is put on a garment in italy, they can put made in italy.. even tho it was prob made in the dominican republic. so dont knock on china too much LOL cause ur probably wearing something made there and u dont even know it
Just letting you know I wasn't hating on China, if your post was in response to mine. I try as much as I can to be a discerning customer, though, because I like to support my own economy when I can. At the same time, it is very important to me that companies maintain a sense of exclusivity with their customers, and even if something that I buy isn't made in the country that I live in, I need to know that a majority of that price is not overhead and that what I am paying is validated by superior craftsmanship and materials. As far as not knowing for sure where something is made, I think in most cases it is not too difficult to discover the location of a company's factories, and with the recent upset over several historic luxury goods companies moving their production to China, I think the issue of where goods are made is increasingly going to be a factor in their status-worthiness to the well-informed consumers out there.

fashion insider

It's nothing against China for me, but against the corporate ethics that rule over the lives of many people working in those sweatshops. Ever seen China Blue?

Citizen jeans seem ...hmm maybe they're just bad pictures on the site. They're a good price point though, compared to this range anyway.

08-08-2007
fashion icon

Quote:
It doesnt mean they dont get the buttons, zippers.. etc etc from over seas.
Most (good) jeans that are made in the US get their denim from Japan, and who knows where they get their buttons and zippers, but the fact that those items are from another nation doesn't affect the value of the product, which is assessed through its craftsmanship. The US and Italy, for example, have much higher standards as far as workers' rights than do China or the islands of the south Pacific, and I would much rather support nations who support their workers and aren't just out to make a pretty penny.

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazilianbaby View Post
can anyone post the teen vogue feature please?
when was there a teen vogue article?

08-08-2007
V.I.P.

Still wondering where this line will be sold... hopefully someone online will have it as well as some stores.

Also werent they supposed to making an adult for Walmart too?

08-08-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Although this is true, there are regulations on how much has to be done in italy to legally have the tag say 'made in italy'. I dont know exactely what the regulations are but they cant just put the buttons on and do the rest in china.

08-08-2007
Meg
inspired contemplation

I think talking about diffusion lines is essentially pointless. Anyone who is truly into fashion knows not to strike any brand off the list, there may always be something to offer. Who cares? buy something you like. end of.

08-08-2007
V.I.P.

my main concern with elizabeth and james specifically is there seems to be a huge markup on these items. the garments are made by the same company as La rok. La rok items are a lot cheaper. therefore i am suspicious.

there will not be an adult line for walmart. the olsen twins have no hand in designing any of the walmart clothing. it is licensed out to another company.

elizabeth and james will be sold at a few intermix stores apparently. and probably at intermix's website.

13-08-2007
V.I.P.

apparently it is out at niemans now. (fabsugar.com)
more images here! http://fabsugar.com/516387
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ej1.jpg (82.0 KB, 17 views)

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ashley, elizabeth, james, marykate, olsen