How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-09-2007
backstage pass

Link to the collection at Neiman Marcus: http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/ca...beth+and+james

09-09-2007
V.I.P.

995$ fox fur coat at intermixonline.
i think it is potentially risky to use fur so early in their collections.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fox.jpg (38.3 KB, 692 views)

10-09-2007
Ère de ℳodernité

^ a BIG NO § Not because of the fur because i personally like it but the whole coat is just WRONG

10-09-2007
trendsetter

really? I think the coat is cute.

10-09-2007
V.I.P.

the coat is really ugly - I think they should leave the fur to Valentino and Fendi and houses that know how to do it and do it with class.

that coat looks fake and cheap and like its bought at Target !

14-09-2007
tailored

i saw that coat today at neiman's and it's really nice...
the finishing and fabrics are good quality...
i'm not a fan of the fur, but it's definitely not cheap looking...
the collar comes off too, btw...

trendsetter

Neiman's is sold out of the backless hoodie dress! I finally have the money to get it and now I can't find it.

20-09-2007
backstage pass

justjared

Lauren Conrad Goes Blonde… Legally Blonde!

Lauren Conrad and The Hills costars Audrina Patridge and Whitney Port hit up the special MTV taping of Legally Blonde: The Musical at NYC’s Palace Theater on Thursday. Watch the trio introduce the show from their seats!

Pictured at the pink carpet event: MTV VJ Damien Fahey, singer Kat DeLuna, ANTM’s CariDee English and Kim Stolz and Laura Bell Bundy, who plays the lead role of Elle Woods, for which she received her first Tony Award nomination for Best Leading Actress in a Musical.

Lauren wore a Mint by Jodi Arnold dress and Max Studio shoes. Audrina’s dress is from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s contemporary sportswear line Elizabeth and James. Whitney wore a hot pink Catherine Malandrino bubble dress. All three decked out in jewelry by Elyse Jeanne, Allison Daniel, Melanie Auld and Hayluv.

Broadway’s perkier-than-thou musical smash, Legally Blonde, will premiere on MTV on Saturday, Sept. 29.

Audrina is the one on the left, incase you didn't know!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg audrinaelizandjamesdress.jpg (293.0 KB, 26 views)

20-09-2007
V.I.P.

thats unfortunate kara danielle

23-09-2007
front row

About the Coat - it sold out, EVERYWHERE like ASAP in ny, cause i had to search for it for a client.. and why is everyone so stuck on the price issue. If you have to ask.. you cant Afford it. Move on.

23-09-2007
blue

yes, $145 for a zippered leggins is a bit too much, but other than that, i dont see why people are complaining here.

the line is carried by neiman marcus.
its really not that different from marc by mj / phillip lim / rebecca taylor etc.
people dont have any problems with those brands going at similar prices, so i dont understand what the problem is. why so bitter?

keep in mind, marc by mj is supposed to be "affordable" in high end dept language. when they said affordable, they obviously werent thinking forever 21. forever 21 is called dirt cheap.. affordable is affordable compared to fine apparel...

i cant exactly afford this stuff either, except for one or two items if theyre on sale.
but whats the big deal? tons of young people still shop at intermix/NM/barneys dropping $$$ every day. not EVERYONE can afford it easily, but so what. the clothes look good and they will still sell.

scenester

I loooooooooooove the striped dress. I want that!

24-09-2007
V.I.P.

here's what everyones complaining about.

The Row, the other olsen line was supposed to be high end priced clothes and they are priced the same as Elizabeth and James.

When they talked about Elizabeth and James they said it would be far cheap and for the women who understands fashion and doesnt neccesarily want to pay the price.

When they said that i was thinking esprit, guess, french connection, nine west and lines like that. I guess you can say the more expensive mall stores.

The ones complaining are fans of mk and ash and just disappointed to the false advertisement of being a cheaper version of the row - especially those who cant exactly afford the row line( college students).

Another argument is why have another line when the prices are the same?

26-09-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by emailme. View Post
here's what everyones complaining about.

The Row, the other olsen line was supposed to be high end priced clothes and they are priced the same as Elizabeth and James.

When they talked about Elizabeth and James they said it would be far cheap and for the women who understands fashion and doesnt neccesarily want to pay the price.

When they said that i was thinking esprit, guess, french connection, nine west and lines like that. I guess you can say the more expensive mall stores.

The ones complaining are fans of mk and ash and just disappointed to the false advertisement of being a cheaper version of the row - especially those who cant exactly afford the row line( college students).

Another argument is why have another line when the prices are the same?
"doesnt neccesarily want to pay the price" can mean soo much. I find the prices to be very normal. and whats expensive to one person, can be dirt cheap to the other.. i dont even like reading this thread any more because its irritating to see soo many people complaing about how much it cost??... both lines are different prices.. $495 is average for a dress.. Milly, La Rok, Poleci.. Catherine Malandrino.. are all priced like that.. but no one complains. If you cant afford it.. im sad for you.. if you can.. buy more!

26-09-2007
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9 View Post
yes, $145 for a zippered leggins is a bit too much, but other than that, i dont see why people are complaining here.

the line is carried by neiman marcus.
its really not that different from marc by mj / phillip lim / rebecca taylor etc.
people dont have any problems with those brands going at similar prices, so i dont understand what the problem is. why so bitter?

keep in mind, marc by mj is supposed to be "affordable" in high end dept language. when they said affordable, they obviously werent thinking forever 21. forever 21 is called dirt cheap.. affordable is affordable compared to fine apparel...

i cant exactly afford this stuff either, except for one or two items if theyre on sale.
but whats the big deal? tons of young people still shop at intermix/NM/barneys dropping $$$ every day. not EVERYONE can afford it easily, but so what. the clothes look good and they will still sell.
Thank You.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ashley, elizabeth, james, marykate, olsen