How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-12-2007
trendsetter

Sure. May be a week or so. I am going out of town for New Year starting tomorrow, but I am sure I will wear them. I'll take some pics.

26-12-2007
Empire State of Mind

Great! Can't wait. Happy New Year!

26-12-2007
fashion elite

i got a silk tank ON SALE!! muahaha. and the white rabbit fur jacket. the tank can be worn as a dress during summer but for now i just layered it

26-12-2007
Ère de ℳodernité

^ great! can't wait for the pics!

windowshopping

I'm in love with that jacket in the first post, middle.

It's sold out at Neiman and Bergdorf. Anyone seen it anywhere else? I absolutely must have it!

scenester

Elizabeth and James is going to rely heavily on the celebrity of the Olsen twins to be successful and clearly they have enough weight right now to achieve it. The pieces I've seen definitely do not fill a void as it were, and I dont believe would be anything more than a blip on the fashion radar if it not were for the gimmick of celebrity.

Waistcoats and short shorts is far from anything new, as well as sequined frocks as an 80s reference. Who doesnt know tons of girls who shop at thrift and vintage stores for those dresses and really believe its their personal style that led them to do so? Its a tired look.

I really think the Olsen twins are very cute, but honestly believe that their style is nothing new. Mixing vintage or low end with high end is a concept that was big years ago. To me, there are TFers that if they had that tiny frame and an inexhaustible closet could do the same thing.

I think the price point is fine for what is is, but I'm sure there are a few extra dollars added on because of the fresh faces behind the line.

Anyway, if everything is sold out, my advice to you is buy something else in the same department and just tell people its Elizabeth and James if it makes you feel better, I'm sure they wont question it.

28-12-2007
fashion elite

the sequin dress is on sale as well as some basic tees with a pocket on the chest

28-12-2007
Empire State of Mind

Clu, do you remember how much the sequin dress is now?

28-12-2007
User Friendly

Can someone explain to me what the difference is between this line is and The Row? Does the Row have a higher pricepoint?

29-12-2007
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottefromCA View Post
Can someone explain to me what the difference is between this line is and The Row? Does the Row have a higher pricepoint?
The Row has a higher price point while E&J's is considered "contemporary" and can usually be found among the diffusion lines of designers. Also, MK&A are far more involved with The Row from start to finish. With E&J it's a liscencing deal similar to the one they have for their tween line at Walmart Hope this helps!

30-12-2007
front row

i like the row collection much better than this collection of basically knockoffs. so lacking any need for talent or creativity.

fashion elite

here's my rabbit fur coat. it's super soft. i love it when i tried it on. but now...not so sure anymore. maybe coz i'm in my PJs and it doesn't look very nice with it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1746.jpg (32.8 KB, 694 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1747.jpg (32.2 KB, 695 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1748.jpg (33.0 KB, 696 views)

04-01-2008
rising star

I love the article in post #241, they seem incredibly down to earth for how they could have turned out with all the fame and money (Britney, Paris, ect lol).

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJustWalk. View Post
i don't think they need money
What if they are doing it for the money?? Who cares? It doesn't imply that they have a "need" for the money, so much as it implies that they WANT IT. (And why shouldn't they??) I don't see what the problem is there with someone wanting to expand their portfolio financially or otherwise.

We used to provide stock coverage for such companies (I'll be as vague as possible in this regard), and people rarely did things like this because they NEEDED the money; WANTING it was a different story and was ALWAYS a factor - be it primary, secondary, or otherwise.

04-01-2008
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraDanielle11 View Post
With E&J it's a liscencing deal similar to the one they have for their tween line at Walmart
And it shows. Yawn this line...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
ashley, elizabeth, james, marykate, olsen