How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-03-2010
®

Quote:
Originally Posted by isa.b.elle. View Post
^^^ no the house has confirmed that Lohan has nothing to do with this collection. and honestly, i don't see a lot of difference...
Indeed. At least with Lohan they could have some excuse.

08-03-2010
fashion insider

I honestly liked the first collection better. At least it wasn't as boring as this.

08-03-2010
Looking Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by disco54 View Post
nicole phelps on style.com pretty much slaughtered this collection and out right said this designer is not upto the job OUUUCH!
To be honest she let Archs off pretty easily.

08-03-2010
rising star

Not feeling the silk/ shiny materials. Of course, if this is about putting on a little shift and hopping from scene to scene, I understand. But it seems to lack depth.

08-03-2010
scenester

This is kind of better than last season, but it still looks tacky and cheap and they can't blame it on lindsay now.

09-03-2010
Mr. Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmLordZen View Post
Indeed. At least with Lohan they could have some excuse.
Exactly!

(IT'S GOING DOWN
)
MENS Runway Model Showlists - Mens RTW S/S 2015
09-03-2010
fashion insider

I am sympathetic to Archs - how do you do Ungaro without making it colorful, frilly, ruche-y, dressy, etc. in a season of black jackets/coats and minimalism?

09-03-2010
front row

Better than the collection with Lindsey's touch....but not strong enough in comparison with other designers this season. Some of the looks are a bit dated. The texture on the pink dress is very nice...that's all...

11-03-2010
no tom ford, no thanks.

i'm sorry, but there exist those in this world who would've praised this collection even if it were roped off plastic waste bags as long as lindsay lohan had nothing to do with it. there also exist those who'd decry this selfsame collection if they thought she lent her hand to the endeavor.

seriously, this collection shows only a marginal improvement on last season and that's mostly on account of the TIME allowed for this collection compared to the lack thereof for the last. this collection had no spirit. it has nothing to say. as i suspected, estrella archs bore much of the responsibility of the lackluster quality from the last collection and it shows in this collection.

there exists more personality in one pair of shoes from last season than in this entire collection. they could just reproduce clothes from the archive and save themselves some money.

scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeijames View Post
i'm sorry, but there exist those in this world who would've praised this collection even if it were roped off plastic waste bags as long as lindsay lohan had nothing to do with it. there also exist those who'd decry this selfsame collection if they thought she lent her hand to the endeavor.

seriously, this collection shows only a marginal improvement on last season and that's mostly on account of the TIME allowed for this collection compared to the lack thereof for the last. this collection had no spirit. it has nothing to say. as i suspected, estrella archs bore much of the responsibility of the lackluster quality from the last collection and it shows in this collection.

there exists more personality in one pair of shoes from last season than in this entire collection. they could just reproduce clothes from the archive and save themselves some money.
Cosign. Exactly what I was thinking. Seeing this collection makes me believe last season's was mainly burned at the stake due to Lohan supposedly being an artistic adviser. It makes you wonder how much creative control she actually did have since judging from this season, which she is not involved, to last season's theirs not much of a difference. In fact it's quite a down grade. Someone mentioned it is high priced mall clothes? Indeed.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1011, emanuel, f or w, paris, ungaro