How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-03-2011
V.I.P.

Full Collection HQs - Part 1

vogue.uk

07-03-2011
V.I.P.

HQs - Part 2

vogue.uk

V.I.P.

HQs - Part 3

vogue.uk

fierce.

That styling, is just awful, really, look at the outfit on Isabeli, just... ugh! But I have to say that there are some beautiful clothes in this collection, even with the obvious Givenchy-"inspired" looks...

scenester

It's not a bad collection I guess. But I don't really understand what's going on here. Giles is quirky and fun, and a very skilled dressmaker, but he needs to take the British bite out of his clothes for Ungaro. Where's the Parisian romance here?

Looking Up

The collection is sleek, but there's just no excitement. Ungaro is (or was) all about passion and that internal fire. This is just too tame.

07-03-2011
no tom ford, no thanks.

well, i have to hand it to giles, in re-fashioning and re-establishing the house of ungaro, giles has found his focus and he has put together a collection that summons some of that feeling women used to get when wearing ungaro, but he hasn't quite reached the finish line yet. ahead of him, he has designers like peter dundas at pucci giving us unabashed flashiness and luxury and behind him he has houses like balmain biting at his tail with the uncut SEX and full-on eighties. in this world, he has to find his place and i'm sure he has one. giles has one of the most singular voices in fashion and when he designs at his best, his work simply sings. and while the pink lace dress, the beaded mini skirt, and the technicolor fur will pique the interest of some of that old clientel, he needs to give a drop dead wow collection to put this house back on the map.

fashion insider

What's all this about not looking Ungaro enough? When was the last time that an Ungaro collection actually looked like Ungaro?

IMO, this is the best we've seen in a while from the brand. It actually looks like a respectable fashion collection.

I can see a few small similarities between this and Givenchy, but I wouldn't have noticed if no one pointed it out. To me, it looks more like Ungaro archive references than anything else.

French Chic

Light years away from Ungaro of old, but at least somewhere this winter women will look sexy and all with metallic and leather collars too. There are certainly some questionable outfits here, but also some smouldering figure hugging dresses to accentuate the female form.
Giles clearly isn't taking himself too seriously with the brand, but messes up badly with the animal prints, which look like nothing more than the rubbish that sells like hotcakes on the Shopping Channel.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, emanuel, f or w, paris, ungaro