Emilio Pucci F/W 11.12 Milan - Page 4 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-02-2011
Spring of Córdoba

Dark Pucci.

V.I.P.

Style.com review:
MILAN, February 26, 2011
By Nicole Phelps

Peter Dundas gave the hippie-deluxe look he's made his signature during his two years at Emilio Pucci the old heave-ho tonight. Call it a case of quitting while you're ahead: Sales for Spring and orders for pre-fall are way, way up. But the designer has already moved on to new inspirations. For Fall he's thinking along more refined yet altogether decadent lines. Before the show he rattled off a list of reference points: hunters; Tyrolea; winter palaces; Romy Schneider as Sissi; Victoire de Castellane, the designer of Dior's haute joaillerie; and a Parisian figure known for flaunting her very belle poitrine. That's right, a bare leg may have reigned supreme at this Florence house since Dundas' arrival, but no longer. This season, the bust is it. He framed it with corseted hourglass dresses that had long sleeves and a little collar or a bow, and sometimes both, at the neckline—one part temptress, the other part decorous. These came in all manner of materials, from practically humble loden wool to positively sumptuous black velvet embellished with crystals arrayed in diamond patterns, as well as in the familiar Pucci prints. Well, make that not so familiar. To emphasize the rustic, raw part of the story, he reintepreted the prints in hand-painted renderings.

As for all those sharp-shouldered, double-breasted Pucci blazers in the front row? There were still some rigorously tailored examples on today's runway, but they were part of the capsule collection for men that Dundas was debuting alongside his womenswear. His female fashion fans, on the other hand, will have to do some updating before next season. His new jackets come with a little puff at the shoulders. A suede version with leather appliqués worn with matching knickers edged into costume territory, but it was a rare misstep in a terrific collection. The Hollywood set that's gone gaga for Dundas will be looking for red carpets to wear his dresses on all year long.

27-02-2011
Mr. Magic

Accessories! (style.com)

27-02-2011
Mr. Magic

.... (style.com)

27-02-2011
V.I.P.

ok, some of it was great. but I dislike some certain outfits, the half-down the calf pant ensamble - horrible. the male outfits were nice but somehow out of context here... should have focused on the ladies dundas!

27-02-2011
V.I.P.

I get the Tom Ford for YSL Rive Gauche FW 2002 with a little bit of boho glam from Cavalli. I don't really get it but this will be everywhere comes next season. Dundas is like the new Decarnin, flavour of the year

no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
At the end when Dundas came out, I was like, "that's right , take your bow because you just did the damn thing!"

Everything was on point:
the day clothes;
the gowns;
the outerwear;
the color story;
the silhouettes;
the opulence;
the decadence;
the sexiness;
the beauty;
the cast;
the breasts;
the hair;
the walks;
the men;
the music;
everything!!!!!
i really can't add anything to this. seriously, he has definitely found his footing at this house and it shows. this stuff is so good it makes you forget what pucci used to look like.

Looking Up

^ Yes but the old Pucci was Pucci. The new Pucci isn't Pucci.

28-02-2011
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
^ Yes but the old Pucci was Pucci. The new Pucci isn't Pucci.
How is this not Pucci? And what was relevant about old Pucci?

28-02-2011
Looking Up

Well for me personally, Pucci was always about the groovy flower and lava prints and the explosive use of colours. Even my mother, who has never heard of Pucci, will automatically recognize the Pucci print as "iconic". That was Pucci. BUT that being said, I always felt that the house under Williamson was stuck in "history-mode" and never really progressed anywhere. Dundas' Pucci is much more mainstream and modern at the same time. I'm not saying he doesn't use prints or colours because he does, but those prints and colours don't remind me of Pucci at all, they're just really good sexy prints!

28-02-2011
V.I.P.

Oh my goodness. Sex

28-02-2011
front row

I love the warm deep greens so much! There was a smoldering quality to the collection- but there never was a point where it looked HEAVY. Even the menswear sprinkled within it felt right and meshed well with the womenswear. I've been seeing a lot of Italian designers use similar color pallets and for the most part it works but it didn't feel as smooth as this particular collection. One of Milan's top collections this season!

28-02-2011
chaos reigns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
Well for me personally, Pucci was always about the groovy flower and lava prints and the explosive use of colours. Even my mother, who has never heard of Pucci, will automatically recognize the Pucci print as "iconic". That was Pucci. BUT that being said, I always felt that the house under Williamson was stuck in "history-mode" and never really progressed anywhere. Dundas' Pucci is much more mainstream and modern at the same time. I'm not saying he doesn't use prints or colours because he does, but those prints and colours don't remind me of Pucci at all, they're just really good sexy prints!

Well .. what a lot of people dont know or remember is that Pucci did more than stuff with the prints ... he did invented the capri pants, you know?

I think Dundas isnt quite as literal as lets say, Lacroix or Williamson but I think he pays a good homage to the house.

V.I.P.

I'm not really a Pucci fan but I do admire those deep green dresses. And the shoes, the shoes are gorgeous!

28-02-2011
tFS STAFF

Front page on tFS today: Emilio Pucci Fall 2011 Runway Review

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
1112, emilio, f or w, milan, pucci