How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-09-2011
barcode

This feels kind of lazy, quite honestly. I mean it's not that Dundas has ever stretched for inspirations that are out of the box, but in general he does do some fun things with tried and true themes. This just feels last minute, like there was no thought involved beyond "gypsy", no effort put in beyond remaking the basics - cropped peasant blouse, full tiered skirt, crochet, handkerchief hems. Even the prints, which I have to say Dundas has managed to do great things with for his runway collections, feel completely unimaginative, and on top of that they don't really feel like Pucci prints. I mean, I can't remember the last time I didn't see those colorful scarf-y prints in every store come spring, I certainly don't need to see them at Pucci's price point.

Last edited by Spike413; 24-09-2011 at 06:17 PM.

24-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
What is happening in Milan?! By and large there seems to be a virgin/whore split in the collections: everything from slutty mermaids (there's the dichotomy right there!), to tacky 80s bitch dressing, to even tackier gypsies, to even-tackier-than-that Hawiian grass skirts and lei-style florals, all the way through to "sweet" sickly car nostalgia, and scary Stepford wife clones & ice-cold frigid fashions. *heavy sigh.* I am disappointed.

NYC and London had their downsides, too, of course, but they were far far stronger collections, fashions, directions, depictions of women, overall, than Milan has been thus far. I guess I am putting my cards on Paris at this point, hoping that the best will be last!! (Or maybe Miu Miu will surprise. Here's hoping...)
Agree 100%

This collection seems a step down from the past two. Last season I was quite surprised he managed to successfully find a Pucci aesthetic outside that whole Capri-Mykonos-Jet-Set-vibe. This season, he was not so lucky. Everything seems quite messy. Although I do see some exquisite craftsmanship, I will give him that.

24-09-2011
fashion elite

it def was a hit or miss for some pieces

V.I.P.

I kind of like some of the pieces, but I would see more glamour from pucci this season.

V.I.P.

some pieces I liked, some dresses not so much. I just wish the gypsy inspiration was more developed. overall, not that bad to be labeled terrible, and certainly not nearly as bad as Versace - which was my low for this season.

24-09-2011
fashion icon

I have to say... I like it !!!!!! this is the first time I appreciate a pucci collection since williamson left, maybe especially because it's not a typical pucci collection. the mystic vibe is really nice. i especially enjoyed the dark black pieces.

25-09-2011
front row

Few decent pieces. Generally not a fan of the Pucci-goth.

25-09-2011
backstage pass

Reminds me of this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRlz9...eature=related

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BibiRose View Post
I usually enjoy Emilio Pucci collections, but this season's left me very disappointed. The opening looks are so ugly! There is too much going on here- various prints, jewelry, length, themes... It looks like a one big mess. I like two or three dresses though- but that's all.
I feel the same as you! The previous collection (Fall 2011) was very nice, but this is horrible

25-09-2011
V.I.P.

style.it

25-09-2011
V.I.P.

style.it

25-09-2011
Looking Up

Reminds me of old school Dolce & Gabbana a bit.

Most of it is just too cheap to even look at, but it looks fun to wear I guess.

25-09-2011
I don't know

My mind is reading Pucci but my eyes are seeing Cavalli.

25-09-2011
V.I.P.

If Cavalli ever needs an heir , he found him in Dundas. The clothes are not bad, some of it is good , but those bermuda shorts lol are just wrong and it is a bit sloppy. This collection will be widely copied none the less , as everyone else is either doing gym clothes , hitchcock bitch or daisy buchanan. I like the chokers .

25-09-2011
V.I.P.

Miaaauw.

Quote:
Emilio Pucci did @dolcegabbana .Im sorry Dolce&Gabbana is Dolce&Gabbana @stefanogabbana
Francescognamiglio twitter.

And I think he's right. I likes few dresses, but most of it

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, emilio, milan, pucci, s or s