How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-09-2012
V.I.P.

UHQ's

vogue.it

22-09-2012
V.I.P.

vogue.it

V.I.P.

vogue.it

tfs star

i don't like it, too plain to be pucci i think...

22-09-2012
V.I.P.

The red, white, rust and black print is very cool - as is the olive print (but not the super busy one)! I love those pieces. And some of the sheer is really pretty here. Finally I like the long, lean silhouettes. I don't think it is the most amazing collection but there are definitely things about it to like.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 22-09-2012 at 06:33 PM.
22-09-2012
tfs star

it is kind of plain to be pucci, but i quite like it, the patters, shapes and pieces are very well applied, im just not so sure about specific outfits but compared with the rest of the collection, they are easily forgetable. Not the best i've seen of pucci, but i really really like it.

22-09-2012
Hell on Heels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crying Diamonds View Post
If I were a Peter Dundas fan I'd be saying "This isn't like him at all! Where has he gone??" But seeing as I have despised almost everything he's done since he was at Ungaro, I am extremely pleased.
This is an excellent collection and every single piece is tasteful, beautiful and well-designed. Easily the best Pucci collection since Matthew Williamson was on board.
i feel like this as well. there are 3/4 pieces that disgust me,but overall i really like it, which comes as a true shock to me as usually whatever dundas does makes me go 'eww'. the white outfits are the best thing i've ever seen him doing, i guess

22-09-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by KemAlnagdy View Post
i don't like it, too plain to be pucci i think...
I actually love it for this very reason (simple), but I agree it doesn't really go with their usual style I guess

22-09-2012
barcode

This is easily my favorite S/S collection from him ever if only for the simple fact that it doesn't go down the typical Pucci jet set/boho road. It's different, and the clothes themselves are less obvious, still very sexy and glam, but different.

Last season was a game changer for me, and I like this collection just as much. Then again I'm usually a sucker for Japonisme and Chinoiserie any day of the week.

23-09-2012
V.I.P.

I guess I'm the only one that finds this ugly beyond belief? I thought all the transparent pieces looked so cheap, the seams were all wrong and created a weird shape. The pants that were only sheer in the front and the back... yuck. And all those embroidered blouson jackets and jumpsuits and the prints (especially the patchwork ones!) were just completely hideous in my opinion. The only looks that were fairly decent (but still not my cup of tea at all) were the gowns towards the end. I found this unflattering, frumpy and terribly unsexy. I also don't get the inspiration behind this, it looks like only half the collection is emulating that Far East trend and the rest isn't at all? This is one of the worst collections he has designed for Pucci, in my opinion.

23-09-2012
MON
V.I.P.

The last few looks saved this collection (especially Joan`s red dress).. the rest of it were rubbish. The Pucci magic was gone in almost half of the collection. It was boring. The sheer dresses were generic, the cuts were tragic and the prints were half dead. The only dragon print I liked was when it was paired with the Black pieces... Was expecting too much I guess

V.I.P.

free picture hosting
vogue.co.uk

V.I.P.

vogue.co.uk

fashion elite

Very Asian inspired, I love the white section it was beautiful and the last dress on Joan was a show stopper.

23-09-2012
front row

There are Thai words on the dress.
สู้ means Fighting
ชีวิตรัก means Love Life.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2013, emilio, milan, pucci, s or s