How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Front Row / Designers and Collections
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-09-2011
V.I.P.

agree with LolaSvelt. it starting to get boring. there are still really beautiful dresses in that collection. Fabrics looks exquisite and shapes ae very flattering, shapes have almost royal elegance. But I miss something new, fresh. anyway, for sure it will sell good...

19-09-2011
V.I.P.

i find it really forgettable. i loved the last collection

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
Nothing crazy or groundbreaking
Exactly and yet Erdem seems to have acquired a sort of kudos as a cool brand. Which it so isn't. It's mumsy.

Well, I say that about mumsy, but then standing out like sore thumbs - the floral hotpants and the utterly sheer lace. But only one hotpant and two or three total lace looks. The middle aged, middle class, editors of mid market titles, those persons who managed, by some sleight of hand to make this brand somehow have a cache, to deceive others that their own dress codes are cool when they're not: - they'll never get away with those hotpants on the schoolrun.

Why are they there - to make the rest of the collection seem comfortably numb? Like the slightly younger mum on the schoolrun, who doesn't give one, the look's existence is to enable the others to bitch about it?

Device or utterly random? I really don't get why the solo hotpant look.

19-09-2011
trendsetter

There are pieces in this I really love. It is all really pretty and yes, admittedly not cutting edge but not everything has to be. I like the lace and the prints. The lace skirt and the white shirt for instance, might not be particularly imaginative but it's some I could and would wear (sorry if that makes me 'mumsy') For me, with any collection, it boils down to what I will spend my money on when it ends up in Browns or on Net-a Porter. I want something I will be able to wear more than once and will work at a number of big events I have to go to if I'm laying down that kind of money and I see things here that would fit that bill.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 19-09-2011 at 02:24 PM.
19-09-2011
fashion insider

lovely collection

19-09-2011
V.I.P.

The only look that I really love is the lemon off-the-shoulder dress.

front row

Such a beautiful collection. The prints are gorgeous. His last Spring/Summer collection was amazing also. Looking forward to the Autumn/Winter collection!

19-09-2011
fashion insider

sooo pretty and ladylike! love the floral prints, thou normally I'm not a fan of the florals

19-09-2011
backstage pass

I really like that layered lemon-yellow lace dress with the pointy bodice, and I love the shoes. Everything else though seems a little washed out ): not sure if it's poor lighting, or just not good colors. I thought fall was a lot better, but then again I usually end up liking his fall collections more anyways.

girl who fell to earth

i kind of always love erdem
he's given me a new appreciation for florals, and though this isn't my favorite of his collections, i definitely still like it and see lots of pieces in here that i would gladly wear and incorporate into my wardrobe with my own styling

19-09-2011
scenester

I always love Erdem for his exploration of the sexy/innocent divide, and this collection was no exception.

The sheers and the florals are so suggestive without being vulgar. This collection had something just oh-so-slightly "off" about it for me.

Not to say, however, that it was perfect. I'll admit, some of the "safer" pieces were boring and even a little stuffy. On the whole, however, I've never thought of Erdem as a "mumsy" brand. Maybe that's just me?

V.I.P.

HeatherAnne, you're right. Whimsical. I thought to myself when looking at this that it seems more romantic than the typical Erdem collection. I have always found their work to be slightly edgy in their use of lace and florals, perhaps because of the more severe cuts on the garments. Last fall, for example, the collection was almost gothic at times, like Wuthering Heights, Catherine on the moors. But this is different, much as HeatherAnne described it - a stroll through the gardens. Lighter, more romantic.

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 19-09-2011 at 10:10 PM.

20-09-2011
Away From Here

This just makes me happy! I love his prints so so much --- I've yet to make the leap to actually WEARING a lot of prints, but I love to look at his ...

Oh, and is it off topic to talk about how ADORABLE he is? Come on, look at that face, how could you say anything mean about him???

alothmanblog.com

Last edited by vikingqueen; 20-09-2011 at 12:31 AM.
20-09-2011
V.I.P.

^

20-09-2011
rising star

This is a beautiful collection

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2012, erdem, london, s or s